Allow the Pretty Parasol to be crafted in Hamlet

I'm pretty sure this is an oversight, but the Pretty Parasol can't be crafted in Hamlet right now. The Pretty Parasol is a component in Wagstaff's Telebrella. Despite all the ingredients being available, it can't be crafted, and the Tinkerer's Tower doesn't even have the recipe. What's more is that the regular Umbrella is available for crafting, so this really only affects Wagstaff.

Let us hope that someone picks this up and fixes it quick.

1 minute ago, Thieverpedia said:

I'm pretty sure this is an oversight, but the Pretty Parasol can't be crafted in Hamlet right now. The Pretty Parasol is a component in Wagstaff's Telebrella. Despite all the ingredients being available, it can't be crafted, and requiring the Tinkerer's Tower for such a minor item seems unbalanced. What's more is that the regular Umbrella is available for crafting, so this really only affects Wagstaff.

Let us hope that someone picks this up and fixes it quick.

this was probably an oversight.. 

you could report it directly in the bug tracker section :)

Checked the lua file for Wagstaff, they actually did try to add some codes to make Pretty Parasol always available for Wagstaff.

-- makes the parasol always available to wagstaff
    local umbrella = GetRecipe("grass_umbrella")
    if umbrella then 
        umbrella.level.LOST = 0
    else
        Recipe("grass_umbrella", {Ingredient("twigs", 4) ,Ingredient("cutgrass", 3), Ingredient("petals", 6)}, RECIPETABS.SURVIVAL, TECH.NONE, RECIPE_GAME_TYPE.COMMON)
    end

However it didn't seem to work as intended. 

6 minutes ago, maxiaogua said:

Checked the lua file for Wagstaff, they actually did try to add some codes to make Pretty Parasol always available for Wagstaff.

-- makes the parasol always available to wagstaff
    local umbrella = GetRecipe("grass_umbrella")
    if umbrella then 
        umbrella.level.LOST = 0
    else
        Recipe("grass_umbrella", {Ingredient("twigs", 4) ,Ingredient("cutgrass", 3), Ingredient("petals", 6)}, RECIPETABS.SURVIVAL, TECH.NONE, RECIPE_GAME_TYPE.COMMON)
    end

However it didn't seem to work as intended. 

[Game Update] - 327766

Update Information:

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed desync issues in Aporkalypse clock
  • Aporkalypse clock now shows the proper animation when saved during aporkalypse
  • You can't plant lureplant bulbs and jungle trees inside anymore
  • Fixed an animation glitch when Wilba returns from werepigism.

Beta specific fixes: 327761

• Fixed Wagstaff and Wheeler’s art resolution
  • Ancient Hulk’s defeat will re-robot the world correctly now.
  • The Roc doesn’t like Wagstaff’s telebrella when he activates it.
  • The new flooring and wallpapers are now also available outside Hamlet
  • Fixed crash when planting a spiderden in an interior
  • Wagstaff's armored visor now also shows the overlay on reload
  • Fixed the potential massive slowdown when using rocks in the navigadget
  • The navigadget now activates when it is equipped on load.
  • The Parasol is always available to Wagstaff
  • Roads now properly respond to Wagstaff's heat vision

16 hours ago, maxiaogua said:

Oh, that's the fix.

Then again, the Parasol still doesn't show up in my survival tab, neither in my previous save or in my new save... I have to hard code that Recipe() function to make it work. That's strange.

new world test.jpg

old world.jpg

You are absolutely right... I checked in game and in Hamlet the pretty Parasol isn't part of the survival tab or his own tab.. 

Already reported this in the bug tracker section tho.. This should be fix for the next update

Should make doodad and pretty parasol available for vanilla game. All other DLC for example have doodad required for alchemy, but normal game need gold instead. Can confuse some people, these two items not that big deal any way if ported from RoG to base game.

57 minutes ago, Charsis said:

Should make doodad and pretty parasol available for vanilla game. All other DLC for example have doodad required for alchemy, but normal game need gold instead. Can confuse some people, these two items not that big deal any way if ported from RoG to base game.

Joe already changed the doodad to be available in vanilla too. 

Archived