Worm Wood and his plant "Friends"

When i was running around as wormwood I realized something, worm wood and his interactions with his hungry "friends" the snap tooths seem to have some serious inconsistency's. sometimes they strike when you have meat, sometimes they don't pay you any mind. seeing this made me think for a bit, wouldn't it be nice if worm wood could actually get the plants to cooperate with him? Could the plant fellow have some fellow plants assist him, kinda like how webber has an crew of spiders that come to his aid except seeing as how worm wood doesn't have an easy access to healing always available having these hungry beast help him out seems nice. (or at the very least being able to spawn more of them by making seedlings for them or something I dunno, where to all these guys come from anyhow, not sure how their spawning works)   

Snaptooth attack Wormwood when you have any type of meat.. and pig skin in your inventory too, which is I think where the confusion comes from. 

I personally would like that they wouldn't attack him for carrying pig skin cuz it's the most accesible for head armor but he has his own body armor so I guess that's why the devs went that route. 

Now, in order to avoid getting hit by them, you could use bundling wraps for you meat and pig skins to avoid getting target by them or Robin.

I think that the delay for aggro the tier 4 snaptooth have is actually to your advantage. You can set them up a bit far away from each other... Level them up so they don't eat your loot anymore and with a walking stick quickly pick up the loot... Most of the time you won't get attacked by them if you are quick enough.... Just make sure you take care of the tier 1 snaptooth they spawn from time to time to avoid being chased by them and loosing any loot.. 

21 minutes ago, MWY said:

I personally wish he could befriend Treeguards as that will make him a True Shepard of the Green. 

This is a nice idea and logical too. It would be like the green parallel to webber.. 

They attack wormwood only when he carries meat related items

You can easly manipulate them by droping meat on the ground, which causes them to run for it (if they don't start moving just hit them, the presence of meat is more important to them than getting hit by anything) . You can make them go anywhere on the island. 

Their repopulation mechanic is simple. 4th stage ones spawn small ones around them every few days, the small ones grow by one stage after eating meat and they become stationary after eating 3 , which will cause them to spawn another small ones again and again until you kill them. (They can overpopulate the world really easly just by becoming stationary near a dung pile or a piko tree) 

As much as i would love Wormwood having the ability to spawn them, releasing those to Rog could result in insane amounts of them once they find their way to a rabbit biom by chasing a butterfly . 

I would prefer of he could build elder mandrake homes instead

Archived