Do you turn disease off in world generation settings?

Do you turn off disease on the world generation settings?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Do you turn off disease on the world generation settings?

• No, I always leave disease on, both in forests and caves (when I generate caves)
    • Yes, I always turn disease off, both in forests and caves (when I generate caves)
    • I only leave disease on in caves, but turn them off in forests
    • Sometimes I prefer them on, sometimes I prefer them off
    • I didn't know it was possible to turn it off

Just now, __IvoCZE__ said:

that was really early release, grass gekkos were rid of disease because it was kinda creepy to just be in rockylands and then to encounter a melting gekko

That's good. It was the main reason I turned it off right at the start using a mod I guess. Then they added the option in World Gen I think.

I hate just outright losing my plants, but that aspect makes the game a little harder, so I don't kill it off entirely. I slow the desease down on surface, but I leave it default in caves, since caves have worse conditions for the plants (barely any sunlight, less rain), which, in theory, should affect the plant's health.

I think it makes sense.

There's a recent mod that I think is pretty cool idea to combat diseased plants. The Plantidote mod allows to make an item called the Plantidote to cure your diseased plant. It has 10 uses and takes Phelgm to make. I think its a rather cool idea as it gives people a way to combat disease whilst also incentivizing people to hunt animal tracks for Ewecus, especially since animal tracks typically get ignored mid-to-late game once you've gotten a stable source of food, or all the Vargs you needed for your Varg farm.

I honestly don't see any real purpose for it anymore. Disease originally existed because resources would change, and it was a way of getting rid of the old ones. But they changed that mechanic, and now normal resources and their variants can exist side by side. They recycled disease in a way that it doesn't really do anything other then destroy nonrenewable materials. It's just a relic of an outdated system and either needs to be removed, or reworked from the ground up.

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I honestly don't see any real purpose for it anymore. Disease originally existed because resources would change, and it was a way of getting rid of the old ones. But they changed that mechanic, and now normal resources and their variants can exist side by side. They recycled disease in a way that it doesn't really do anything other then destroy nonrenewable materials. It's just a relic of an outdated system and either needs to be removed, or reworked from the ground up.

just like the bracelet in gungeon...

Archived