TMI mod, Give more ideas in comments

My idea is to do a mod that upgrade the game a lot.

The mod includ:

100 new criters

50 new plants

20 new equipment

Most of the things in mod will be taken from what was published in the forum.

I think this mod will be good because it will allow the possibility of a colony that works only on the creatures and plants and this will create a new way to play the game.

Ideas to new stuffs

1. Fish that swim in oil and make power that you can take this power with a new equipment.

2. Hatch that eat heat 

3.  Everything you write

Hi, so you're talking of making an overhaul mod. It's a cool idea, I just don't think the tools are there yet to make it possible unfortunately. Given how the mod system currently works, that would be a lot of work. For instance, I tried adding new planets, which kinda worked, but when the game loads a save with one of those new planets in it while my mod is not active it just  crashes, making that save unusable until my mod is active again. That can lead to problems when the game updates and I don't update my mod, especially if I share it with others.

However, I don't want to discourage you from making mods, I'd just recommend you focus on the coolest idea first, but keep in mind that it may not turn out to be doable.

Hi! baby steps, create like 3 things that work with each other or with something already in game, then test, then expand :) i wrote a lot of fishs in the forum and there where petrol ones. They would swim and then go surface and exale nat gas and/or co2.

On 4/10/2019 at 7:42 AM, iiitttsss said:

100 new criters

50 new plants

Right now it has only a bunch of critters and subcrtiters and few plants however every critter and plant makes sense.

If you want to make a mod like this start with making a concept for every critter and plant: what makes it unique why does it improve the game. And if you have the concept post it here.

Making a huge mod like this is likely a mistake. Since players can enable multiple mods, it would be better to make one mod for each idea. That way players can pick what they want rather than having a complete collection of something where they only want one item.

Another thing to consider is that more is not always better. Usually mods adding a lot of stuff for the sake of adding stuff will end up being bloated and confusing without adding much. Imagine having 10 types of alge and one alge to oxygen converter for each. It doesn't really add anything compared to the current game, but it will make the game more annoying as in your dublicants dies of lack of oxygen because your equipment is for the wrong types of alge. You have to figure out ideas, which adds to the game and make those and not have a specific number of buildings/mods in mind before getting the ideas.

On 10.04.2019 at 8:42 AM, iiitttsss said:

My idea is to do a mod that upgrade the game a lot.

The mod includ:

100 new criters

50 new plants

20 new equipment

Most of the things in mod will be taken from what was published in the forum.

I think this mod will be good because it will allow the possibility of a colony that works only on the creatures and plants and this will create a new way to play the game.

Ideas to new stuffs

1. Fish that swim in oil and make power that you can take this power with a new equipment.

2. Hatch that eat heat 

3.  Everything you write

it's not the Stone Soup, or TES series, you know... Not even Project Zomboid.

On 17.4.2019 at 11:20 AM, linainverse said:

it's not the Stone Soup, or TES series, you know... Not even Project Zomboid.

Everyone starts small.
Easy to extend his mod, when ppl like it,  to:

1000 new criters

500 new plants

200 new equipment
Could be extended more, when ppl like the extension of his mod.

Archived