Should blueprint sharing be locked behind a teleportato?

It always bothered me the lack of exploitation by Klei of the teleportato (and adventure mode) mechanic, it could be the gateway to a "New game +" but it's so basic you can't even re-customize your new world.

Since there is no way to make a world dlc compatible after its creation and the latest dlcs are always compatible with the older ones,  my idea was to lock the dlc stuff ( like obsidian firepit in RoG, and many other blueprints that it is now possible to craft in every world )behind the teleportato.

Pros:

- Purer dlc experience.

- Teleportato is finally useful.

Cons:

- Conflicts to solve (what happens when you use sky/sea worthy? What happens to the key to the city).

- Gotta search for those things.

The days where resources were finite are long gone so the teleportato feels more useless that ever right now.

Thoughts?

In one of the latest patch it has been made possible to craft stuff from other worlds, like for example the obsidian firepit in RoG. My idea was to make so that blueprint sharing between dlcs can only be unlocked after you jumped into the teleportato at least once.

I edited my first post, I hope it is more clear now.

7 hours ago, SakkeEU said:

In one of the latest patch it has been made possible to craft stuff from other worlds, like for example the obsidian firepit in RoG. My idea was to make so that blueprint sharing between dlcs can only be unlocked after you jumped into the teleportato at least once.

I edited my first post, I hope it is more clear now.

I dislike this idea, I feel it should stay the way it is.
People like it this way because they don't want to traverse DLCs. 
You still have to go to different areas to get the stuff you might need, but to get the blueprint seems rather annoying.
Like, what if you have the items to craft a SW item in HAM? You have the stuff, but you'd need to travel to be able to make it.
Seems like a bother. 

Since there is no way to make a world dlc compatible after its creation and the latest dlcs are always compatible with the older ones,

You can always go to a second save slot, start a dlc world and MERGE it with the original RoG Experience you had in the first save file.

my idea was to lock the dlc stuff ( like obsidian firepit in RoG, and many other blueprints that it is now possible to craft in every world )behind the teleportato.

AFAIK you can only craft DLC stuff in other DLC's AFTER you've visited the original DLC its in AND crafted it there (using your example, traveling from RoG to SW and crafting the obsidian fire pit there would unlock it in RoG)

- Purer dlc experience.

You mention a purer dlc experience, yet want to muddle it down with the use of OTHER dlc content. It's like asking for a banana and then saying you meant an Orange... I don't understand what you're actually trying to get at with this post.

It always bothered me the lack of exploitation by Klei of the teleportato (and adventure mode) mechanic, it could be the gateway to a "New game +" but it's so basic you can't even re-customize your new world.

Teleportato has always been exploitable & useful imo if you know what you're doing.

• Got a bad world map? Clear out what you want and jump to a new world.
  • Can't take enough with you? Use moleworms to hold minerals (even more so now that you can bundle wrap them w/o mods) [This one may have been fixed its been ages since I've used moleworms in hopping].
  • Want multiple chesters? (may get buggy) Bring the eyebone with you when you world hop
  • Need more of a finite resource? Dump everything you've gathered in a separate DLC base... world hop till you're satisfied (Trust me, I did this on a save file 23 times in RoG to get most of what i wanted for a mega base)

Overall I'm not sure what you tried to accomplish with this post. Seems very contradicting with wanting a "purer" dlc experience, yet still wanting to access other dlc content without actually having to go there.

This sounds like just making people go through the Teleportato just for the sake of going through it. What's stopping people from just rushing the Teleportato as soon as they spawn? Why force someone to give up a potentially fantastic world at the risk of generating a much worse world?

Archived