Maxwell QOL Idea

This is an idea to make shadow duelists much better by giving the player more control over them. Whenever Maxwell has a weapon equipped, he can right click on a creature to "target" it. Once the duelists have a target they will do their best to form radial symmetry around the creature (terrain/walls permitting). They will maintain this symmetry until the selected creature is killed or is right clicked again to cancel. The duelists will have a speed boost to help them initially get into position.

Spoiler

QOLMaxwellIdea.thumb.png.45804643178512876743f6164d55cbbd.png

Spoiler

Apparently, I can't spell "Represented" 

This would give Maxwell more skill, and allow the player to use their own kite patterns when attacking, rather than the AI's.

7 minutes ago, Plushical said:

*Enemy is next to ocean when I target it
*Duelists run around like idiots and do nothing but they did their best to form a radial symmetry
*Gets eaten by hounds

Then . . . Don't target the hound? Or move away from the ocean? Or just kite really close to the hound?

It's like complaining about deerclops because you ran into a peninsula and got cornered. Situational awareness is a big part of this game.

I got an idea recently to make them properly "kite" on fight, cause you may know they just perform an inefficient hit & run to avoid taking damage who... well, may works sometime but it's purely random due to the mobs.

I suggest to make a relation between the distance of Maxwell and the target for the shadows

For exemple, if you attack the mob, well the shadows will come to help and fight, if you go back (cause YOU avoid the attack) the shadows will go run to an equal distance from the mob than you from their own. This may requise to expand maximal distance of shadows and maxwell but it will works for real only if you actually avoid taking damage, they should have enough distance to avoid the damage too, but if you miss, everybody takes damage (for AOE)

I feel like it's the solution to makes shadow duelists waaaay smarter, and put some more interation with them from the player

and even make them abble to survive to a giant like deerclops if you play it good

5 hours ago, ADM said:

I got an idea recently to make them properly "kite" on fight, cause you may know they just perform an inefficient hit & run to avoid taking damage who... well, may works sometime but it's purely random due to the mobs.

I suggest to make a relation between the distance of Maxwell and the target for the shadows

For exemple, if you attack the mob, well the shadows will come to help and fight, if you go back (cause YOU avoid the attack) the shadows will go run to an equal distance from the mob than you from their own. This may requise to expand maximal distance of shadows and maxwell but it will works for real only if you actually avoid taking damage, they should have enough distance to avoid the damage too, but if you miss, everybody takes damage (for AOE)

I feel like it's the solution to makes shadow duelists waaaay smarter, and put some more interation with them from the player

and even make them abble to survive to a giant like deerclops if you play it good

I really like that! I think that it would be really fitting with his title of "puppet master" as he's directly controlling them in a sense.

Archived