When will we get the Cave generation from DST?

The reason Caves are better in DST compared to DS is because Caves are generated in a separate server besides the one your currently running in DST, you jump between servers and thus don't have that much lag nor problems buuuut, the ruins part being connected to caves however is done so for saving computer resources rather then enhancement because ruins are a separate world on their own.

Of course I would like to have all cave entrances connected to same caves as well but I don't think Klei would be touching Caves and Ruins at the moment due to Hamlet and its interior system taking priority.

Tbh caves in DST are much simpler than DS.. (design-wise)

In DS you don't have lightbulbs at the entrances and the ruins are much harder to find... I think it adds a lot of character and fun to spelunking having to really explore to get lightbulbs and it really teaches you to use other light methods

DST having all on the same level seems to me to be more a matter of convenience and also if adding another level then you would need to host 3 servers at the same time. That would probably break a lot of potato computers... xD ... So ofc having only two makes sense from a resources-management perspective both for the hosts' pcpower and in coding resouces on KIei's end

3 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Tbh caves in DST are much simpler than DS.. (design-wise)

In DS you don't have lightbulbs at every entrance and the ruins are much harder to find... I think it adds a lot of character to spelunking having to really explore to get lightbulbs and it really teaches you to use other light methods

He meant by the method caves are generated in DST where their generation is unique like overworld and can be tweaked thru World Gen Options which are Entirely missing from DS.

even the overworld generation of biomes is out dated and very less unique unlike DST.

2 minutes ago, MWY said:

He meant by the method caves are generated in DST where their generation is unique like overworld and can be tweaked thru World Gen Options which are Entirely missing from DS.

he meant exploration and world gen options... both

12 hours ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

Seriously, when will the much superior Cave generation method from DST be ported over to DS?

The caves are so much more fun to explore in DST...

Also, why can't we customize the Caves/Ruins yet? I think that feature is way overdue...

16 minutes ago, MWY said:

@FreyaMaluk How about Generation, Exploration and World Gen Options?

if you wanna nitpick xD then yeap (although Wold Gen... Gen is Generation anyways.. but ok)

I mean is convenient to have caves and ruins in one level but  IMO its way more fun to have them separated in DS from the exploration perspective and probs less laggy for DS... :)

----------

edit... only thing I would want from DST caves is the weather system in summer... in DS u overheat in summer while in DST you don't

12 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

if you wanna nitpick xD then yeap

I mean is convenient to have caves and ruins in one level but  IMO its way more fun to have them separated in DS from the exploration perspective and probs less laggy... :)

This was the intended design by Klei for Original DS experience of Caves and Ruin but it seems the combined world of Caves and Ruins from DST seems more appealing and fun to explore cause the unique Biome Generation, Set Pieces and of course the most best feature of all, Single Cave with multiple entrances around the overworld allowing you to access in and out from different places makes it seem more better then the original design.

one can easily get to places in the caves from overworld thru another entrance and thus saving time etc.

but as you said, not being able to sometimes find Light Bulbs near the entrance and having to explore for them and having true spelunking fun also counts as being a feature for original caves.

Archived