New Skills system versus Old Jobs system.

1 hour ago, goatt said:

Maybe it's time to introduce coma or brain damage debuff.

I'm pretty sure the dupes already have a brain damage debuff.  That's the only conclusion I can draw after watching them entomb their own heads in the tiles they're building.

On 2019/3/30 at 2:19 AM, Lilalaunekuh said:

=> I like the concept of the new system, but please trash the old job list and do a "real skill system"

(I mean a system JUST for new skills(="abilities"):

• Mine harder stuff
  • Tune up generators
  • Use the electric grill
  • (Carry much more)

Not for something that gives just some skillpoints.)

Oh... yes!

And abilities like digging abyssalite is too easy in both job systems.

Btw, I saw a streamer recently who dig up 80% of the whole map at around 150 cycles, also with rocketry built, 24 dupes, default difficulty.

And this is what I learned: Insufficient oxygen generation? Dig faster and deodorize. Lacking resource? Dig faster and collect everything! No space to build? Dig faster! Low power generation? Dig faster and everything can be built easily.

So if you can dig abyssalite too early, there's not need to make use of geographical stuffs, just dig up everything, and problems solved. So random map generation becomes irrelevant and every run is the same.

So maybe abilities are too easy to acquire for now.

Another way to balance the game is that you have to get tier 3 jobs before gain extra skill points.

(If your dupes don't get tier 3 miner his digging stats will always stay the level when he was printed)

Archived