I am having a problem in which the game resets my build material for conductive wire to steel.  It's really frustrating to spend 200 cycles crushing eggs for lime to finish a project and realize you've used 5 tonnes of steel to make conductive wire.  This might actually be easily solved by making it easier to change materials of existing buildings with other materials, in the same way you can with tiles.  Then, instead of having to deconstruct all of the wire and replace it with iron or gold, you could just click and drag over existing wire, like when you're replacing sandstone tile with igneous or whatever.  Either that or just disable steel as an automatic material.

It seems, going out of one material prefers to jump to the right, for the next material for some reason. I have plenty of copper in storage. Then i build with gold, until it runs out, and the system switches to steel every time. Same goes for other buildings, like granite is out, it jumps to obsidian. Never observered it to jump to the left. 

So, the easiest solution would be, to place the high grade materials at the very beginning of the list, so they will be used only, if really nothing else is availlable. Second benefit would be, the high grade materials are directly shown, without scrolling, in late game, when you have them, and when you need them the most.

I may be wrong, but it seems it jumps to the material for wich we have the most amount.. So if you have 30 tons of steel, but less for over refined metals, it will always jump to the steel. ;)

The best solution would be to, at last, allow players to set buildings made out of a specific material even if we don't have enough.

It's allready possible for pipes if we have enough for at least one, and ask for a long pipe. So it will be better to allow player to plan on building, for example, a metal refinery made out of obsidian, even if we don't have enough yet.

I´m pretty sure, it jumps just to the right. I had serveral tons of copper, and just a few 100 kilograms of steel, and it jumped to steel, after iron and gold where gone. But maybe it does it at random, like so many other things in the game, when it comes to sorting?

Archived