Help Me Diagnose Problems With Morbs

In sandbox mode, I had 70+ morbs, but they only produce 200kg O2, which is only 50% of the expected quantity. Pressure of PO2 room was maintained below 200g. Can someone help pls.

5c890113086f6_Screenshot(57).thumb.png.07fbbb0a2dea23bccd074a535910ea13.png 

Here is another question: I know flying critters will torture CPU especially shine bugs since game has to determine luminous intensity. But when I had 70+ morb (maybe it was 90 I seriously couldn't count :/) and had full map revealed, my laptop was handling it fine, barely see any CPU workload inscrease, 2% increase in RAM. Does that mean the game can handle hundreds of walking critters in a relatively simply room without problems?

Well, it kinda looks like the morbs are really crowded. I'm not sure if this applies to morbs or not but with creatures like hatches they can get "over crowded" if there's too many of them in an area, they produce less materials as a result. IDK if this applies to morbs, but if it does, that may be why they're making less PO2.

And about that CPU usage. I'd imagine the game can handle many creatures that can walk on the ground better since they only walk in straight lines, usually. But flying critters like shinebugs go up,down, and diagonal, plus the game taking into account the luminosity and all the other stats, I'd imagine that yes, the game could technically handle 100 hatches better than 50 Shinebugs.

49 minutes ago, kurzaen said:

Well, it kinda looks like the morbs are really crowded. I'm not sure if this applies to morbs or not but with creatures like hatches they can get "over crowded" if there's too many of them in an area, they produce less materials as a result. IDK if this applies to morbs, but if it does, that may be why they're making less PO2.

And about that CPU usage. I'd imagine the game can handle many creatures that can walk on the ground better since they only walk in straight lines, usually. But flying critters like shinebugs go up,down, and diagonal, plus the game taking into account the luminosity and all the other stats, I'd imagine that yes, the game could technically handle 100 hatches better than 50 Shinebugs.

Morbs don't get the over crowded debuf

5 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

I once observed a naturally generated morb on my map in a vacuum, it never emitted any PO2 untill after I dug it out.

From what I know they don't emit any PO2 when they are in a vaccum.

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

But in some cases they can be a bit glitchy.  I once observed a naturally generated morb on my map in a vacuum, it never emitted any PO2 untill after I dug it out.

I'm not sure about other questions, but this one I know. Game seems to have decided that Morb in vacuum shall not emit. They will start emitting once there is any type of gas of any amount. 

41 minutes ago, goatt said:

I'm not sure about other questions, but this one I know. Game seems to have decided that Morb in vacuum shall not emit. They will start emitting once there is any type of gas of any amount. 

If I had to guess this might have been an effort to Nerf the exploit where you could get a Morb to produce Unlimited polluted oxygen at a fast rate by partially submerging them in water which trick the Morb into thinking it's in a vacuum

As Brothgar pointed out in one of his videos morbs produce a lot less polluted oxygen when the gamespeed is high so try to set at the lowest game speed and measure again. Played a game with 300+ morbs and had about 5.5 g/s per morb only. CPU drag was minimal.

oxygen 7.jpg

4 hours ago, Neotuck said:

If I had to guess this might have been an effort to Nerf the exploit where you could get a Morb to produce Unlimited polluted oxygen at a fast rate by partially submerging them in water which trick the Morb into thinking it's in a vacuum

Your guess may be right, since in water they are not able to produce any PO2.

1 hour ago, Cantouki said:

As Brothgar pointed out in one of his videos morbs produce a lot less polluted oxygen when the gamespeed is high so try to set at the lowest game speed and measure again. Played a game with 300+ morbs and had about 5.5 g/s per morb only. CPU drag was minimal.

oxygen 7.jpg

However, I created another new game and in a smaller cell with more Morbs at x3 speed, they produced more oxygen. Was your game with 300 Morbs a survival game? How was in game lag?  Was a 5.5g typical average or minimum average?

2 hours ago, goatt said:

However, I created another new game and in a smaller cell with more Morbs at x3 speed, they produced more oxygen. Was your game with 300 Morbs a survival game? How was in game lag?  Was a 5.5g typical average or minimum average?

yes survival game.  5.5g/s average with 250 morbs, measuring was not precise (10ton clay)  I lost track after 300+ morbs.  Seems they were jumping in groups so maybe it was overpressure to? 

Game lag was very mild on the i5-5200U laptop cpu 

7 minutes ago, Cantouki said:

yes survival game.  5.5g/s average with 250 morbs, measuring was not precise (10ton clay)  I lost track after 300+ morbs.  Seems they were jumping in groups so maybe it was overpressure to? 

Game lag was very mild on the i5-5200U laptop cpu 

Thank you, one more question, how many pumps were installed?

4 Gas Pumps with the aim of supporting maximum 16 dupes, the 18 deodorizers could clean 1778g/s polluted oxygen

Morb oxygen production varies a lot every cycle.

Maybe put them in small numbers in different 7-tile wide rooms...

29 minutes ago, Cantouki said:

4 Gas Pumps with the aim of supporting maximum 16 dupes, the 18 deodorizers could clean 1778g/s polluted oxygen

Morb oxygen production varies a lot every cycle.

Maybe put them in small numbers in different 7-tile wide rooms...

yeah, but I still don't think their production will be any more predictable.

Archived