Shoiuld domestic balm lilies require liquid chlorine irrigation?

I have a two-part question for you.  One, do you grow domestic balm lilies?  Two, would you grow them if they required liquid chlorine irrigation?  Right now liquid chlorine has a very niche use (gassy grass).  I'm wondering if domestic balm lilies should be able to be grown in an oxygen atmosphere if irrigated by liquid chlorine, thus giving us another reason to build a chlorine condenser.  What are your thoughts on this?

The only use I currently have for lilies is drecko food. I have not even built an apothecary is several games. This would significantly increase the cost of farming something that is currently low utility.

17 hours ago, nonoxyl said:

The only use I currently have for lilies is drecko food. I have not even built an apothecary is several games. This would significantly increase the cost of farming something that is currently low utility.

Try playing the game on miserable immunity

That`s not a good idea. Making liquid chlorine while not as hard as other gasses it still requires pretty high tech and quite a bit of power. Not to mention chlorine being unrenewable most of the time. When compared to balm lillies growing wild there would be 0 reason to farm them with those requirements.

IMO they need some sort of fertilizer. Just make them require phosphorite so they will make a closed loop with dreckos.

On 3/7/2019 at 11:49 AM, Sasza22 said:

That`s not a good idea. Making liquid chlorine while not as hard as other gasses it still requires pretty high tech and quite a bit of power. Not to mention chlorine being unrenewable most of the time. When compared to balm lillies growing wild there would be 0 reason to farm them with those requirements.

IMO they need some sort of fertilizer. Just make them require phosphorite so they will make a closed loop with dreckos.

I can make liquid chlorine with less than 400 W using only the techs for hvac, automation, and insulated tiles.  It isn't high tech and doesn't require a lot of power.  Chlorine has good thermal properties for this, with low heat capacity.

Also, rather amusing, is this debate next to the one about whether chlorine geysers should always be spawned.  Because in that one, it was argued that "nothing necessary consumes chlorine, so why should there always be a chlorine geyser."  But then we come here and say "It isn't always renewable, so we can't have things depend on it."

Now, I believe that liquid chlorine is a bad mix for balm lilies because of the temperature requirements of balm lilies.  I would not be opposed to them consuming chlorine from the air around them when cultivated.  Or maybe even require bottled chlorine gas as fertilizer.  But only if accompanied with a guaranteed chlorine geyser.

Archived