Humane way to kill critters (drowning does not seem ok)

From my personal perspective, zipping critters with duplicants help looks ok humanity-wise, but drowning them with automation does not look ok in that respect. So, I avoid ranching for meat, because I will forget to keep an eye on the ranches to target all extra manually.

It would be nice if you could add a building similar to egg cracker that could be used to zip critters, for those weird people who are not comfortable with drowning cute critters even if they are drawings on a computer screen.

If a way to do so already exist, I would be really grateful for a hint from other players.

1 hour ago, Vincie said:

Maybe an autominer, so you could zap all your meaty hatches at night via automation and delivered to your kitchen by the morning...?

Well, some dupes may ask the people who create the autominer like the following:

‘Where’s the switch to change it to KILL MODE?’

You know, something like a safety lock.

1 hour ago, Alfons100 said:

Klei just give us a "Butchers Booth" which has an Automation input, if it recieves an input it will call for a Rancher to go and pick up the oldest critter in the room and silently kill it for food. 

Maybe a suicide booth for depressed dupes...? Or just unwanted dupes.

Archived