Great Automated Staple For Hatches And Dreckos

So I learnt from this forum that mechanism for doors has changed. So I was trying to come up with a staple that automate egg delivery, incubation, and killing. The whole process is still cruel to critters, but nice to dupes.

Here is a demowater.thumb.gif.7ac8ba4918c5fbbfb638bd2755842d0b.gif

And main parts in next spoiler

Spoiler

unnamed.thumb.jpg.9dcf71b3aa3ec6599fa88ceae00f650f.jpg

1. All eggs are sucked out, by auto-sweeper F, moved to E area where there is a auto-sweeper having periodic seizures so that it can drop eggs to water. No eggs will stay in staple.
  2. D is the critter sensor that's monitoring the number of critters in staple. If max number reached, door D will be closed and any hatched babies are drowned. Mercy...
  3. When the staple can take more critter, D is open, and drown critter will try to jump out of water, and eventually enter room A. Yes A is a room and with a critter sensor that's checking if there is any critters to be served. It can serve only 1 at a time.
  4. The door on the left of A is always open by default, but it closes upon any entering, to stop it from going backwards. On the right of room A, there are two horizontal doors, the bottom one is always closed, the top one is always open by default. It closes 3 sec after any critter invasion into A, because it will think that that invader must have walked inside this door area after 3 sec and it wants to make it fall. After invader is exiled, the doors return to default states. (The 3 sec timer is pointer to the buffer gate connect to the reset ports of memory gate, at C)
  5. So there is a possibility that a critter decides to stay in A area, and after 3 sec all doors are closed and it stays there forever and the system breaks. B is the fail safe built for that. When this happens, B will have a seizure loop constantly open and close the top horizontal door until it capture the critter and kick it out. In default states tho, no seizure is expected.

The idea is pretty simple. But this does not work with any flying critters, cuz they don't fall in closed doors, they just get stuck. Should work for all walking critters.

This is just a demonstration of the idea. To make it complete, the room will have to be taller, and an auto-sweeper to get out dead meat and egg shells should be added, and something else that I may have forgotten. Well, no one is perfect.

I've adapted this a bit to a Hatch dispenser.

hatchauto3.thumb.jpg.b340252a37ad30caecd54b0a468aa546.jpg

I'm using the "not full" signal from the critter sensor in the stable to keep the door to the stable open if needed. It also goes to the active port of a memory toggle.

The "critter not present" signal from the sensor in the last cage goes to the reset port of said memory toggle. Since now hatches can happily walk on the open door to the stable, it works. As soon as a hatch steps on it, the sensor in the cage slams the dummy door shut and the poor critter falls. The dummy door is always closed unless the stable is not full.

Less not gates to control the central airlock that send the eggs in the pool due to lack of space and will to tear down everything and remake it bigger, but who cares, they are a bit redundant anyway.

13 hours ago, 6Havok9 said:

I've adapted this a bit to a Hatch dispenser.

hatchauto3.thumb.jpg.b340252a37ad30caecd54b0a468aa546.jpg

I'm using the "not full" signal from the critter sensor in the stable to keep the door to the stable open if needed. It also goes to the active port of a memory toggle.

The "critter not present" signal from the sensor in the last cage goes to the reset port of said memory toggle. Since now hatches can happily walk on the open door to the stable, it works. As soon as a hatch steps on it, the sensor in the cage slams the dummy door shut and the poor critter falls. The dummy door is always closed unless the stable is not full.

Less not gates to control the central airlock that send the eggs in the pool due to lack of space and will to tear down everything and remake it bigger, but who cares, they are a bit redundant anyway.

nice mess, i love it

2 hours ago, Cypher-7 said:

@goatt great build and great write up.  What do you have the filters and buffers set to for the egg dropper? Also will the eggs fall right through the doors?

buffer is somewhere between 2.3 to 2.7, can't enter exact number in game, so usually depends whatever I get between them. filter is how often I want to activate the auto-sweeper. I set it to 100s, sometimes 200s.

And yes, eggs will fall thru, if it's Pneumatic Door, open or closed.

21 minutes ago, 6Havok9 said:

S/R gates can't be mirrored =( However, almost everything is well concealed in normal view, and that's gud :p

you mean it didn't work for you?

Using 6Havok9's system, I've had times where 2-3 hatches manage to get into the final dispenser and all drop into the hatch ranch at the same time, resulting in overpopulation of the stables.  Adding a Filter gate (I'm using 10 seconds, might be able to get away with shorter) to the 3rd door in from the center dropping chamber seems to fix this.

Spoiler

20190224184332_1.thumb.jpg.3641e99793473987c7605c8049636063.jpg

Archived