Lime is going missing

I haven't been paying attention to how much steel I've been making, but I have noticed that my container of garbage, aka refined carbon, has been full for let's say 500 cycles. My egg shell and lime is always at zero so I figured I was just getting extra garbage, or making enough steel to use all my lime. 

I checked the kiln. Not set to make any garbage.

Unchecked the granulator from making egg shell into lime and the refinery from making steel. Wait one cycle. Now I have 85kg of egg shell. Spawn 10000kg of fossil. Set refinery to make two steel. Queue egg shell and fossil in granulator. Go through all of those resources. Still have zero lime. Still have two steel queued. Can I use this bug to delete regolith, and refined carbon?

whereismylime.jpg

Go check granulator to see if it's hoarding it. Egg shell > Fossil recipe not visible. Oh look...another feature

thanksklei.jpg

3 hours ago, scaldinghotcarl said:

Egg shell > Fossil recipe not visible

I think you mean lime recipe? The granulator isn't known for hoarding its outputs, but production buildings can definitely amass a huge amount of input resources, which are then unavailable for use until removed. Check the refinery. I've not seen this with that particular building, but my stove is notorious for hogging stuff. 

9 minutes ago, biopon said:

I think you mean lime recipe? The granulator isn't known for hoarding its outputs, but production buildings can definitely amass a huge amount of input resources, which are then unavailable for use until removed. Check the refinery. I've not seen this with that particular building, but my stove is notorious for hogging stuff. 

You are correct. But looking at it again neither the Egg Shell, nor the Fossil, recipes are visible.

I don't think OP's main issue is the missing recipe. In fact, the recipe not being visible means that his egg shells were used up to make the lime which he can't find now.

Did you check if your granulator or lime storage are in accessible areas? If they are behind locked/restricted doors and dupes can't access them then they will not be included in your material list count.

1 hour ago, Xyer said:

I don't think OP's main issue is the missing recipe. In fact, the recipe not being visible means that his egg shells were used up to make the lime which he can't find now.

Did you check if your granulator or lime storage are in accessible areas? If they are behind locked/restricted doors and dupes can't access them then they will not be included in your material list count.

Correct. It's using my resources, but not producing anything on the output side. I emptied storage, but just minimal amounts were recovered. Not like the grill or musher that hoards them. I posted a bug about them guys a couple weeks ago.

2 hours ago, scaldinghotcarl said:

Correct. It's using my resources, but not producing anything on the output side. I emptied storage, but just minimal amounts were recovered. Not like the grill or musher that hoards them. I posted a bug about them guys a couple weeks ago.

I once built a lot of stuff out of steel before i noticed i was using steel instead of iron. Maybe you made steel and used it?

If lime shows up in the resources overview ( screen side listing ). You should be able to hover over it ( or any other resource ) with the mouse pointer and the tooltip will tell you how much is dedicated to fabrication jobs. Some time ago it was pointed out in a bug report that dupes carrying items were causing this listing to change [ it was being treated as a resource in use] and ( I don't think they ever fixed this 'feature' ) - the game doesn't officially tally the resource if it's in motion. So if it gets sucked onto a conveyor system, it might not be tallied as well.

17 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

Some time ago it was pointed out in a bug report that dupes carrying items were causing this listing to change [ it was being treated as a resource in use] and ( I don't think they ever fixed this 'feature' ) - the game doesn't officially tally the resource if it's in motion. So if it gets sucked onto a conveyor system, it might not be tallied as well.

This is probably tied to resource fetching system. If it`s pickable by a dupe it shows on the resource list. If a dupe carries it it`s no longer pickable so it disappears from the list. Same if it gets stuck in a conveyor belt or somewhere other that it can`t be picked up.

Is it possible that the dupes dropped the lime somewhere that is not reachable? Like i`ve seen resources falling through a pitcher pump. Without access there it won`t show.

3 hours ago, MorsDux said:

I once built a lot of stuff out of steel before i noticed i was using steel instead of iron. Maybe you made steel and used it?

Can't be. I un-queued everything and watched my egg shell accumulate. Then told the gran to make lime. The shell went down and the lime never went up. I queued the refinery to make steel and it never made any. I still have zero lime.

6 hours ago, scaldinghotcarl said:

Can't be. I un-queued everything and watched my egg shell accumulate. Then told the gran to make lime. The shell went down and the lime never went up. I queued the refinery to make steel and it never made any. I still have zero lime.

Sounds like a bug!

Archived