Speed up saving the game?

@Etiam Does the mod you mentioned really disable the daily auto save? Are there any repercussions or crashes linked to using it?

I have been asking for this feature for a while. Should I also use your no daily report mod in conjunction with that one?

Thanks so much, this could be a game changer.

10 hours ago, CantBreathe said:

@Etiam Does the mod you mentioned really disable the daily auto save? Are there any repercussions or crashes linked to using it?

I've never used this mod, saving time was never an issue for me yet, but looking how small and simple this mod is your biggest concern should be to remember to save manually ;D For more info check this thread:

10 hours ago, CantBreathe said:

I have been asking for this feature for a while. Should I also use your no daily report mod in conjunction with that one?

Well, I think you do if you care for saving and loading time.

@Etiam Thank you, I started a new world with: NoAutoSave, NoDaileyReports, and Improved ImprovedGasOverlay.

The overlay is a great feature, I didn't notice the game not saving daily while playing, I had to manually check that it was working.

So yes, manually saving is now much more important. 

Thank you

@CantBreathe If you like the that gas overlay you should check my updated GasOverlay available here:

It got better performance, reworked colors, smooth transitions and its customizable.

You can tell if auto saves are generated by just looking if they are there after a couple of cycles. Also removing autosaves is most likely intended for late-game worlds where saving takes a while.

You don't have to create a new world when you add or remove my mods :)

12 hours ago, CantBreathe said:

@Etiam Thank you, I started a new world with: NoAutoSave, NoDaileyReports, and Improved ImprovedGasOverlay.

The overlay is a great feature, I didn't notice the game not saving daily while playing, I had to manually check that it was working.

So yes, manually saving is now much more important. 

Thank you

I would ditch autosave except last 2 builds have been very buggy and crash a lot randomly.  iI have more crashes past 2 months as total in last 2 years

Archived