lureplant smolder range?

I can't find any resource on this, although I know I've come across it before...  but iirc you can use lureplants to extend the range of your flingo, or build a flingo-less summer base utilizing their smolder priority.  Is this still a fact in the game?  and if so, what is the approx safe range around a lureplant where I would expect it to draw smolder?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

edit: I made a test game while watching a stream to check this.  At 6 tiles away the lureplant smoldered, at 7 tiles something else did.

Lure plant's don't directly increase flingo range. How smouldering works is that it's tied to the player. Things can smoulder within a range 25 wall spaces from the player; 6.25 pitch fork tiles. Lure plants are high priority smoulder entities so when there's a lure plant in range it will smoulder first. Lure plants can burn so if you're going totally without flingos, be sure to smother them when they smoulder, and re-plant them when they are burnt. This information can be found in the wildfires component and lure plant prefab.

Archived