Jump to content

Egg Cracker missing automation?


Recommended Posts

Egg Cracker should not have an automation input, to control when crack eggs or not? This way, I can automate my critter population with the critter sensor.

While Egg Cracker don't have the automation signal, there's a easy way to automate the critter population in stable, and kill the excess, or take the exceding eggs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can use an auto sweeper connected to a critter sensor. It will load a compactor that is out of range of dupes (so it doesn`t get loadad manually). After 10 cycles the egg breaks. Then you can use another sweeper to move the raw egg and eggshell to a reachable compactor.

But having automation on the egg cracker would be much easier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably because it's just a bowl with something to crack the egg. It'd be like automating a compost pile.

I do wish there was a better way of dealing with eggs than just leaving them in a conveyor receptacle until they crack on their own, but for now that seems to be the best solution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, soulkata said:

Egg Cracker should not have an automation input, to control when crack eggs or not? This way, I can automate my critter population with the critter sensor.

While Egg Cracker don't have the automation signal, there's a easy way to automate the critter population in stable, and kill the excess, or take the exceding eggs?

No it's not easy.

 

Disabled/Enabled Incubators even with Egg Cracker at higher priority still delivers to the Incubator first.

 

Put the egg cracker on top of a Mech Door and automate it being open/closed to control the egg cracker. This still result in eggs getting delivered to incubators first no matter what, so you would have to go even future and put the incubator behind a door you lock (Don't forget another door set to exit only to avoid trapping dupes), still not sure this is the best solution.

 

I think you might be able to use the auto sweeper and two convoyer loaders, to control if the egg goes to the egg cracker or the incubators, maybe more loaders in the rooms to send the eggs on to the opposite room if the conditions change.

 

Or you could whine to the devs and have them make eggs be delivered to the highest priority destination. (Does seem odd, that priority is ignored)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Miravlix said:

Or you could whine to the devs and have them make eggs be delivered to the highest priority destination. (Does seem odd, that priority is ignored)

The deliver priorities are problematic. The incubator goes most likely under ranching while the egg cracker should be cooking. This means that the global priority is ignored and if the rancher picks up the egg it ends in the incubator and if the cook does it it gets cracked.

To fix it the delivery tasks would need to be unified. If all deliver tasks don`t have the same personal priority stuff like this will keep happening.

Altrnatively disabling the incubator via automation should disable the delivery to it as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

Altrnatively disabling the incubator via automation should disable the delivery to it as well.

Putting it on a controlled mech door does disable delivery to it. :p And if you're connecting a critter sensor to a door instead of an incubator, it also saves a NOT gate. 

I am joking of course, I don't understand why a disabled incubator is a valid delivery target.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...