Annoying bramble roots

remimu

Sometime during the game you want to build your own city. The fifth island is a good place for that. Said done, cleared the rainforest and the ground replaced by street turf, flat stone turf and cultivated turf. Unfortunately the bramble roots are not removed, it is not possible to build on them and a small part of the brambles spawns through stone or street turf. This is really annoying, because it prevents a nice city construction. Is there a way to get rid of these bramble roots? Or is that a bug?

ds.thumb.jpg.2f4efde030ec44d14f6648a3dc3bf599.jpg

17 minutes ago, ucw said:

You can attack the bramble roots with a weapon (like a spear or halberd) and they will almost disappear.  Not sure how long they take to grow back, if ever.  

I know that, of course. What I mean are the bramble roots that are spread over the rainforest or the deep rainforest. From these roots spawns brambles with a certain probability during the lush season. And these roots I want to get rid of, because there you can not build things (also during the other seasons). This ruins my perfect city arrangement. :(

2 minutes ago, remimu said:

I know that, of course. What I mean are the bramble roots that are spread over the rainforest or the deep rainforest. From these roots spawns brambles with a certain probability during the lush season. And these roots I want to get rid of, because there you can not build things (also during the other seasons). This ruins my perfect city arrangement. :(

Maybe add a mechanic in which they can be dug up?  

Wait, I was watching this YouTuber (DemonRebuilt) and he had the geometrical placement mod, right? And then he tried to build something, there was nothing in the ground, but the mod stated with that small red circle that he could not build on that place. Maybe because it was this bramble spawn v point? If it was, than this is kinda wrong, isn't it? The spawn should be random, or there should be a way to remove it

2 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

The brambles appear in different places every lush season, so I don't think there are roots you can dig up. 

I'm in the game that I posted the picture of on day 342, I've seen some lush seasons during the construction of my city, and when the brambles spawn in my city as on the picture, they always do it in the same places, which are also not buildable during the other seasons. I call them "bramble roots" and i think they are set during world generation. Also a stone turf should prevent brambles from spawning, but as you can see on the picture they still spawn, they just don't grow any further.

6 hours ago, Wyulliam said:

Wait, I was watching this YouTuber (DemonRebuilt) and he had the geometrical placement mod, right? And then he tried to build something, there was nothing in the ground, but the mod stated with that small red circle that he could not build on that place. Maybe because it was this bramble spawn v point? If it was, than this is kinda wrong, isn't it? The spawn should be random, or there should be a way to remove it

There are tons of spawn points in the game you can build over, I highly doubt what he saw was a Bramble spawn point. I saw it too.

7 hours ago, remimu said:

I'm in the game that I posted the picture of on day 342, I've seen some lush seasons during the construction of my city, and when the brambles spawn in my city as on the picture, they always do it in the same places, which are also not buildable during the other seasons. I call them "bramble roots" and i think they are set during world generation. Also a stone turf should prevent brambles from spawning, but as you can see on the picture they still spawn, they just don't grow any further.

That’s interesting. They don’t behave this way in my current save.

Archived