New to the game. Help plz

12 hours ago, TheEvilMango said:

Hello I am new to the game and am having some troubles. Can u give me some good advise to help me survive. I do not have any of the dlcs yet.

I'll help you a bit but I don't want to spoil too much.

1. Work on making a science machine and it's upgrade alchemy engine. Both are very handy to make items so it's easier to survive. Weapons, armor, ect.

2. I highly recommend that you make a crock pot, there are a lot of food recipes but some are very easy to discover and are great. Trust me when I say that when I was new I neglected making it and regretted it when I found how great it was.

3. Every creature in the game has a 'kiting' pattern, practice and you won't really have health or maybe even hunger issues

4. Might be obvious but play the character you are comfortable with, playing with a character that fits your playstyle will make it easier to survive. One character gets stronger the more full he is or weaker than everyone else if he is starving, if you can't manage food well I recommend not playing him and similar stuff yada yada.

5. Need health? Eat butterflies. Yummy. Not available during winter however.

6. Don't over-fuel your fire when not needed. During winter or a battle during the night is when you want to though.

7. Speaking of fires make a fire pit, it lasts longer and is permanent.

8. Need sanity? Making a top hat will help a bit or eating cooked green mushrooms.

9. Beefalo are neutral until mating season, they have red bums (avoid!).

Sorry this was kinda long but I hope this helps you!

Well SillyLeopard83 already give a good advice there so I guess I will just add something basic based on my own perspective..

1. Play with your own pace, don't over burden yourself with trying to do all the guide/advice you found/get..
Start simple, small and have fun with it.. that way you will enjoy it more, it will also help you to find your own playstyle..

2. Don't be to greedy, when you find lots of raw food such as berries and carrots; better to just take as much as you need, so when you truly
need it you know where to get it.. remember that berries will harvestable again after several days

3. If you are not confident with killing things yet, you can just stay passive as much as you can there's nothing wrong with it!
Make use of the tools you can make such as traps and fishing pole, they are great to help you providing several basic needs passively (:

4. always pays attention to the time! Don't want to get swept by Charlie (lol)

That's all I guess, Have Fun!

On 12/20/2018 at 2:34 PM, TheEvilMango said:

Hello I am new to the game and am having some troubles. Can u give me some good advise to help me survive. I do not have any of the dlcs yet.

First of all, you need to be specific: Do you have dlc on? If it's Reign of Giants, build a berrybush hat as soon as possible. It'll help you avoid hounds.

For Hamlet, go to the village as soon as possible and pick up all the poop you can find. Pigs will help.

Archived