Mobs that walk on water

I've noticed this a few times - some mobs can very unexpectedly "switch" from landwalker to waterwalker (and can't switch back) or just ignore water.

Mants often switch, and are then waterlocked. They can't follow you on land anymore. 

Shadow creatures (both crawling horror and terrorbeak) will just walk on water and follow you and attack you, even when going back to land. When boarding a boat, however, they "dissapear", ceding to swimming horrors. Weird. 

I think (?) it's a bug.  mobs are not supposed to switch, other than hippos and frogs that are supposed to move in both.  shadow creatures are a figment of your sanity-drained imagination, so they defy logic.  

As far as I know it happens when creature spawns too close to the border with water. You can sometimes make dungbeetle walk on water if you make it trip close to pond. Mants probably had their nest really close to the pond, and shadow creatures teleport in random places.

Shadow creatures are bugged i think. Swimming horror should spawn in lakes and Terror beak/Crawling horror shouldn't walk on water. I think Klei messed something up when they fixed bug with hypopotamooses walking on water.

Mants often walk on water if their nest is too close to the lake.

So both of these are bugs

Just now, Szczuku said:

Shadow creatures are bugged i think. Swimming horror should spawn in lakes and Terror beak/Crawling horror shouldn't walk on water. I think Klei messed something up when they fixed bug with hypopotamooses walking on water.

Mants often walk on water if their nest is too close to the lake.

So both of these are bugs

I've seen shadow creatures walk on water in shipwrecked, but they couldn't cross the border between land and sea

before hamlet

Archived