• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

9 Screenshots

About This File

This mod is also on the Steam Workshop

Steam Version (Single Player)

or

Steam Version (Multiplayer)

Meet Drok

Drok is a simple minded caveman. Drok loves a good meal, he eats everything but he prefers meat over anything. Drok is also quite afraid of monster and evil things. He thinks they are connected with evil spirits.

When the time passes, Drok will grow a head full of hair. This is helpful to keep him warm in the winter, but Drok can't stay in the blazing sun in the summer with a full head of hair so he prefers to shave it in the hot summer months. The longer Drok's hair is, the stronger he feels.

Since Drok is a caveman and he always had to struggle to survive he became strong, so his attacks are quite powerful but then again, he feels stronger with longer hair. His survival skills allow him to create a useful weapon: the Throwing Spear.

Drok likes to draw on rocks, we call them cave paintings.

Meet Wigstan

As you start your adventure with Drok, you will receive a Roundish Stone. Drok can use some berries, ashes and a normal stone to create some red dye. With this red dye and the roundish stone Drok will be able to paint a face on the stone, thus Wigstan is born. Wigstan has two stages, excluding the roundish stone. The further you upgrade Wigstan the more Drok will like Wigstan, increasing Drok's sanity when he is close.

Features

Drok has a large stomach.

Drok grows hair that keeps him warm and makes him feel stronger, but overheat him faster in summers.

Drok doesn't have a big brain (low sanity).

Drok can create cave paintings.

Drok can craft a throwing spear to use for hunting and fighting.

Drok doesn't lose sanity inside caves when he is in dark places.

Drok has completely customized speech, including Reign of Giants DLC.

Where to find the items?

Red Dye - Refine Tab

Wigstan - Refine Tab

Throwing Spear - Fight Tab

Cave Paintings - Structures Tab

Winter Fur - Dress Tab

Remember that some items need to be crafted at a science machine or an alchemy engine.

I hope you enjoy playing as Drok

What's New in Version 1.9.6   See changelog

Released

• - Improved Drok's head. He now has a more caveman-like brow.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

You can't, unless you don't respect other modders and you don't care about the opinion of the creators of the game, who presented clearly, the ethics of creating mods.

http://www.dontstarvegame.com/workshop

Take a few moments to read through and familiarize yourself with our modding etiquette guidelines.

• Please remember that modders are not required to support their mods; and while you are welcome to ask a modder to add, remove, or change parts of their mod, it is ultimately up to the modders whether they make any changes or not.
  • If you choose to modify and upload another person's mod, be sure to ask them for permission and provide proper credit unless they have said previously that their work can be freely reworked or modified.
  • Mods containing assets from other games or media are not allowed.

I haven't seen the original modder say \ican't mod his mod.

So what's your point?

This whole thing is clearly just for legal reasons.

How many mods do we have implementing stuff from other media?

Does Klei care? no.

So could you please get off your high horse?!

Also, this isn't the workshop.

Take a few moments to read through and familiarize yourself with our modding etiquette guidelines.

• Please remember that modders are not required to support their mods; and while you are welcome to ask a modder to add, remove, or change parts of their mod, it is ultimately up to the modders whether they make any changes or not.
  • If you choose to modify and upload another person's mod, be sure to ask them for permission and provide proper credit unless they have said previously that their work can be freely reworked or modified.

So what's your point?

Does Klei care? no.

"be sure to ask them for permission"

..You should also think twice before you start to teach someone. Also I know that Klei just made this for legal reasons. But still, code is not copyrighted, but if someone make an art by himself, you should think twice: Maybe I should make my own art and stop being lazy and greedy.

So what's your point?

Does Klei care? no.

I hereby do not give you permission to port, change and/or upload any of my mods, including Drok the Caveman. 

There.

I am currently creating Drok for DST so hold your horses.

Not asking the creator of a mod if they are ok with you uploading or changing his mod, and saying in your defence that you havent heard of them, is ridiculous.

• Like 1

I hereby do not give you permission to port, change and/or upload any of my mods, including Drok the Caveman. 

There.

Not asking the creator of a mod if they are ok with you uploading or changing his mod, and saying in your defence that you havent heard of them, is ridiculous.

"be sure to ask them for permission"

..You should also think twice before you start to teach someone. Also I know that Klei just made this for legal reasons. But still, code is not copyrighted, but if someone make an art by himself, you should think twice: Maybe I should make my own art and stop being lazy and greedy.

Been there done that.

There.

To late, I have already changed your mod at least 20 times to fit my personal needs.

If I was going to upload I wouldn't have asked you to port it.

Although I would eventually...

On a side note,

I reserve the right to change anything and everything thats present on my computer.

What I do with your mod is none of your business.

So long as I don't distribute it, you have no legal foothold.

Any and all mods from other users that I mod according to the ethics department, I can NOT upload unless given permission.

I hereby do not give you permission to port, change and/or upload any of my mods, including Drok the Caveman. There.

The only thing in this sentence that's actually true is the fact that I now officially can't upload my host only version of your mod.

Have a nice day.

I just wanted to say, thank you very much for Drok, he is so adorable! From the way he sounds to the way his hair grows. I love playing with him in my game. Thank you, again.

• Like 1

I would love you for ever if you updated this mod, it looks sooooo awesome but i can't play it in don't starve together :/

Yor artwork is practicaly the same of ds is, this a mod character that is maked with effort. Probably you can make a mod that add cave tools(like a big wood maze or throwing spear)  or prehistorics animal in caves