• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

5 Screenshots

About This File

Description

A character mod based on Satori Komeiji from Touhou Project.

Satori is a mind reading youkai. Her ability made her hated by humans and other youkai who fear their secrets being exposed, but made her loved by the animals who normally can't be understood. After knowing that her little sister is lost somewhere in the island she decided to look for her to bring her back home.

Character Abilities

Stats

-Hunger: 150

-Health: 100

-Sanity: 250

-Wendy's attack modifier

Perks

-Can read the thoughts of the creatures around her.

-Can tame pets by giving them food. Every pet has their specific taming item(s).

-The animals don't fear her but she is not liked by humanoid creatures such as pigmen.

-Has a high base sanity but loses it for hurting the animals who trust her.

-Has a sanity bonus while she is in caves.

Tameable Pets

-Rabbit: Gives a sanity boost. Can be picked up.

ipQAsOv.jpg

-Beefalo: Assists Satori in combat and protects her from any danger. Drops manure from time to time.

b4FoiJf.jpg

-Koalefant: Defensive pet. Prevents freezing in winter. Drops manure from time to time.

wiA5ref.jpg

-Tallbird: Attack pet. Can be fed monster meat but doesn't like new pets.

tumblr_inline_n7dwtaRiQA1r1m4n0.jpg

Mod's Features

-Custom art, portraits and icons (including minimap and morgue ones).

-Custom character strings.

-Modified behaviour on several npcs.

-Custom strings on several npcs (thoughts).

-Custom battle AI for pets. They stop attacking their target if Satori runs away.

-Hunger system for pets. You need to feed them or they'll leave her.

-Custom sanity penalties.

-Modified intro.

-Custom music.

Art: Shia

Coding: Terri

Satori's strings: Wally

Notes

-Compatible with RoG but she doesn't have any special feature from the DLC yet.

-The mod is tested without any other mod activated. If you have a mod that changes behaviours/creatures prefabs it might not work well.

To do

-Add more "thoughts" to npcs.

-Add more tameable pets.

-Add Koishi (Satori's little sister) as an unlockable character.

-Rewrite/modify the game's ending.

What's New in Version 1.3   See changelog

Released

• New pet Tallbird.
  • Added compatibility with Reign of Giants.
  • Smallbirds and Teenbirds behaviours improved.
  • Satori's music added as a mod option.
  • Fixed crash with mandrakes.
  • Pigman's priorities modified
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Ooooooooh I like this! Touhou Project... is that a series of vocaloid songs like Kagerou Project? ^^

• Like 2

This mod sounds great! sadly, when I try to enable it, the game disebles it by itself, says its crashed :(  I hope you can fix it, I really want to try it out!  Also I have a question, will the tamed beefalos attack the player in mating season?

• Like 5

@Valjaria I have no idea why that happens. Do you have any other mods enabled? If you do, try disabling them before running this one. It'll also be helpful if you post the log so I can see what exactly is causing the problem. As for the beefalos, no, tamed ones won't attack the player during mating season.

@DwerBomb Touhou Project is a series of bullet hell shooter games made by ZUN. You can find more information about it on the wiki.

Here is the log:

scripts/modindex. lua(206,1) Error loading mod: satori (satori)!

api_version for satori is in the future, please set to the current version. (api_version is version 5, game is version 4.)

(Thats the log, right? im really ignorant when it comes to computers ._.U)

Okay I think the problem is kinda self explanatory, it seems that I need to update my game, but im sure I have ''All's Well That Maxwell'' version, whitch is the version this mod is for, right? Should I update the game anyway?

Yes, the version is "All's Well That Maxwell" but they made an update at the end of february, when they were preparing for the DLC, that changed the api version to 5 instead of 4. This mod is prepared to run with that one.

Cool! Its Satori ! ( I'll be waiting for update though, its still crashing in my Dont Starve )

Could you make other character ? like Cirno,maybe ?

It says that mod is crashed! I can't enabled it!

I Found a way to get around the error !!

Get to the satori folder and open the MODinfo.lua with the notepad

CHANGE THE STEAM API from 5 to 4 ;)

The MOD now worked like a charm

I Found a way to get around the error !!

Get to the satori folder and open the MODinfo.lua with the notepad

CHANGE THE STEAM API from 5 to 4 ;)

The MOD now worked like a charm

I can't found the STEAM API ._.

It's still doesn't work...  When I try to enabled it, it crash

after changing the 5 for 4, when you enable the mod showed you the error in screen?

sends a picture of the error to the creator, so he can fix it.

really want to try this! looks awesome!! but its crashes for me when i try to enable her in the mods.

heres what i get as error. i will try 1.0 version too

* tried boths versions 1.1 and 1.0* same error or just crashes and wont activate

...data/../mods/satori/scripts/screens/morguesceen.lua:20: variable 'JapaneseOnPS4' is not declared

LUA ERROR stack traceback:

=[C] in function 'error'

c:/Program Files (x86)/Don't Starve/data/scripts/strict.lua(23,1)

C:/Program Files (x86)/Don't Starve/data/../mods/satori/scripts/screens/morguescreen.lua(20,1) in main chunk

=[C] in function 'require'

c:/Program Files (x86)/Don't Starve/data/scripts/screens/loadgamescreen.lau(5,1) in main chunk

c:/Program Files (x86)/Don't Starve/data/scripts/screens/mainscreen.lua(16,1) in main chunk

I have no idea why this is happening to you. I talked to the person who does the coding for the mod and he gave me some possibilities. For the first one I'd need to know where are you playing from and what platform are you using, because it looks like you're playing from a japanese PS4 and it doesn't recognize the main function.

To see how it works you'd need to send me your main.lua that is found in dont_starve/data/scripts

The second possibility would be that you delete the morguescreen.lua file of the mod, that is inside dont_starve/mods/satori/scripts/screens. The only thing that this file does is to let you see Satori's face on the morgue screen so if you don't mind having a blank square there you can delete it.

• Like 1

yea i wondered why it would even mention a PS4 while playing on pc. ill give the head shot deletion a shot and let you know. thank you ^^

I'm not sure why mine's crashing :/ I changed the API but it still disables itself. I even tried it without other mods. No luck.

• Like 2

The mod works perfectly. Really thank you for making this 
I hope you will be able to add Koishi for real, this would be super cool! Keep going !