• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

When you put bird into a cage it will drop feathers from time to time.

Feather drops are based on time. You can now configure time of feather drop chance to:

(480 IS ONE FULL DS DAY)

-Rarer: 4800 + random number from 10 to 30

-Rare: 480 + random number from 10 to 30

-Less: 336 + random number from 10 to 30

-Default: 240 + random number from 10 to 30

-More: 144 + random number from 10 to 30

-Many: 96 + random number from 10 to 30

Limit of feathers on the ground around birdcage, when limit is reached no new feathers will appear until you picke them up:

-Rare: 2

-Less: 4

-Default: 6

-More: 8

-Many:10

Amount of named seeds (chance to get additional named seeds along with default game rewards):

- No Seeds (default)

- 1 Seed

- 1 - 2 Seeds

- 2 - 3 Seeds

- 2 - 4 Seeds

Works with Shipwrecked

What's New in Version ANGRY NERD 9K   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This seems a little OP. What do you think about a longer time interval or something like feeding certain types of items make the bird "shed" a little and drop some feathers?

• Like 1

I was hoping this would make the robin change in the winter to a snowbird. Just popping out feathers seems pointless since birds are easy to just kill and take feathers, plus feathers only have one or two uses anyway

it would be nice if they would only drop feathers when they are fed something for balancing issues.

This seems a little OP. What do you think about a longer time interval or something like feeding certain types of items make the bird "shed" a little and drop some feathers?

1) Open mod folder

2) Open scripts folder

3) Open componets folder

4) Open Feathers.lua

5) self.droptime = 120 + math.random(10, 40)        type your time 120= 2 mins  8 mins(1 day)= 480 

for example (self.droptime = 240 + math.random(10, 40)  2 feather for day)

I don't know if this is mod-related or something having to do with the game itself but a few times I've gone away from camp overnight and when I've gotten back my caged birds are missing. So far I've only managed to get 2 feathers each from two birds and they've always disappeared after the second (note that I set the timer to 360 seconds or 12 game hours plus a random factor between 0 and 120 seconds or 0 to 4 game hours, which means I only get about 1 feather drop a day).

I mean, it's fine for crows and redbirds but come winter I want to be able to catch a bluebird and keep it indefinitely so as to have feathers for making piercing darts (as opposed to fire or sleep darts).

I like the idea, but my feeling is that just adding extra drops to the birdcage, without any downsides, is a bit OP.  I realise I can make them rare, but still it means that I just get extra stuff, at no cost.

I already felt that the birdcage in the base game is a bit OP - turning any spoiled meat, and monster meat, into eggs from which I can create bacon and eggs; plus selective farming.

What I think would make this mod perfect is if it also added (configurable) downsides to the birdcage.

The most obvious one would be that the bird dies after a certain, random period of time, and that it's more likely to die the less it's fed.

For example: birds have a 10% chance to die on each day, but each successive day that the bird has not been fed increases the chance by another 10%.  So a non-fed bird has a 10% chance to die on day one, 20% on day two, 30% on day three, and so on.

With that system, birds that are fed every day will die on average after 10 days.  Birds that are fed every other day will die on average after 6-7 days.  And if a bird is never fed it will on average only last around 3 days.

If that system were put in place, the birdcage would be more balanced - requiring the player to keep bird traps around to keep replenishing the cage.  And then I would think it would be awesome to add some extra drops to the cage, to balance out the new disadvantages.

I would definitely use the mod if it had those extra costs as well as the benefits.  (It would also fit with the name of this mod, "Time Based" = gives a time limit to caged bird's life, as well as time limits on feather drops!)

I understand if that's not the direction that you want to go with the mod.  Either way, thanks for reading and for providing great mods for the game (I use and absolutely love Wormhole Markers and Wall Gates, and I just discovered and downloaded Telestone!)

I remember that older version of this had a nice balance addition - giving bird a spoiled meat or monster meat resulted in getting rotten eggs. I miss it.