• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Wark the Chocobo DS ROG SW 5.6.6

6 Screenshots

About This File

this mod brings Wark the Chocobo to the original "Don't Starve" along with its DLC's "Reign of Giants" and "Shipwrecked"

Wark the Chocobo was originally created by @Spotteh for DST and you can get her fantastic DST version here https://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/1022-dst-wark-the-chocobo/

the real point of this mod existing is due to me not having DST but wanting to be a chocobo...so using @Dleowolf's example character template mod alongside Spotteh's fantastic character art and with massive coding help from @BraveChicken! I'm happy to say that she's ready for the world to enjoy!

now for her stats!

• 60 HP
  • 50 Sanity
  • 300 hunger

Wark is "mortified of darkness" meaning her sanity will drop like a brick in water the minute it gets dark, although its a slower drain at dusk

Wark "loves fire" and is "fireproof" meaning that she needs to stay around light sources like fire to keep her sanity up! her fire range has been set so that she doesn't have to stay too close to a fire-pit to get the sanity effect! also light sources are larger with her so its easier to see (and I find it to be more realistic)...I don't have to explain fireproofing do I?

Wark has custom items!

• Chocobo Satchel
  • Chocobo Translator

the satchel is a fancy backpack styled from the "Chocobo Dungeon" video games while the translator actually lets her speak! and is styled from "Final Fantasy Unlimited"

Wark is VERY fast! and she's built to be a "glass cannon" type of character

she's support to be like a treasure hunter or archeologist but I'm too lazy to write the extra custom speech text ATM so thats for a later release!

pros

• fish in ponds with flower petals
  • run super fast
  • hit 3x harder
  • gain sanity around fires
  • can walk through fire unharmed
  • does not need a science machine
  • takes longer to burn or freeze
  • comes with backpack/translator/thuelculite pickaxe
  • can eat monstermeat without heath damage
  • custom voiced with ACTUAL Chocobo sounds (that I got from a limited edition sound effect track disc)
  • will be updated for play-ability in Hamlet once its released and I know how to make it compatible!
  • custom intro for DS and ROG (can't figure out how to do it for SW yet)

cons

• hunger drain at 1.3 decrease so she gets hungry faster then normal
  • 60 HP means she can be oneshotted by MANY bosses/beefalo
  • sanity will be reduced to 0 in less then 20 seconds after nightfall
  • harder to warm up or cool down due to long times to freeze or fry
  • impossible to survive in caves/extended winter (prove me wrong)
  • can't speak without the translator and will make bird sounds instead
  • surprisingly hard to keep sanity up
  • still needs an alchemy engine
  • you need to choose between carrying stuff and speech ("unless you have "backpack+amulet" mods enabled in which case she's been custom coded to detect such mods and work with them")

I plan on making her HAMLET compatible once Hamlet is released!

once again the art and name are NOT my own! they're Spotteh's! and if there's any complaints or problems from her with me having this mod up then I will take it down immediately

thanks for reading and enjoy being a Chocobo!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I really wanted to go to caves but i cannot because a torch isn't enough. Do moggles work same as a torch(stop sanity drain)? If not where I can change it. Thank you!

On 5/14/2019 at 12:45 PM, zzzzzzz307 said:

I really wanted to go to caves but i cannot because a torch isn't enough. Do moggles work same as a torch(stop sanity drain)? If not where I can change it. Thank you!

OH hmmm I think I updated her with Moggles! one moment I think I forgot to upload that! (also I'm sorry for the Late Reply I did not see this until now)

On 5/17/2020 at 11:32 AM, BraaKawu said:

it's very OP :/

oops...I guess my skills are being reflected...uhh how would you recommend I balance her?