• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

13 Screenshots

About This File

WARNING: If you are looking for the Single-Player (base-game DS/RoG/SW/HAM) version, check here.

ganjamod_banner_11.png

DOWNLOAD

==== INTRO

This mod was created with the obstination of two persons to see the greeny bushes in this game, we believe even some of the game devs would like to see that too and we hope you enjoy either, feel free to comment and if you can help, please do contact us.

==== MOD

--Bushes

It provides a ganja bush with 5 stages which takes about a season to end cicle.

You will find them in all types of Forest Biome, the method of extraction of all stages is to dig!

In it's old stage may drop two seeds with a quarter chance, so you can reproduce your farm.

Also, in full stage you can use the razor to shave (trim) the bush, gives ganja and put the plant to old stage.

The Silviculture book from Wickerbottom works too.

Butterflies and bees are attracted and serve as a flower on certain stages.

Ganja bushes left on the world will spread with time.

--Pipes

Pipes are one way to smoke ganja, they can be crafted in survival-tab and will give +5 sanity and -5 hunger on use.

Wooden have 4 uses, golden does a little more, both breaks after used.
The Tusk pipe won't break and can be filled with ganja or hash.

--Joint

It is used once, it's the most weed 'stoning' one, can be stacked and gives +35 sanity and -20 hunger!

Pig king might like it too.

--Cigarette

Simple cigarette rolls, will give you +10 sanity and -10 in life.

--Chillum

One way to smoke hash, difficult to craft, it will give +100 on sanity and -30 in hunger as well it will put the player to sleep, and be groggy when woke for a little time.

--Hash Roll

A rolled smokeable hash cigarette, +60 on sanity and -15 to hunger.

--Ganja

Can be collected from the bushes when it's grown, but wait until it's full of ganja! there's two stage you can collected, figure!

--Hash

Won't deteriorate and can be crafted in refine-tab to be used in a roll or in the chillum.

Can also be traded for a good amount of gold from Pig King.

--Seeds

Will drop from bushes on every stage, although on full stage it may drop two.
Use them do plant ganja saplings that further will grow to bushes and so on give buds.

--Dryable

Ganja can be dried in the Drying Rack

Dried ganja can be traded for gold with the Pig King.

-- Ganja can

Find cans of ganja on the ocean!

-- Ganja book

Wickerbottom can craft a Ganja book to make some bushes appear around her.

--Cook

Cook with ganja! there are 5 recipes: Ganja Butter, Ganja-Banana Bread, Weez-Its, Ganja Brownie and Hash Cookies.

banner-ganjafoods-klei.png

==== HISTORY

First we thank those who tried to do this before; in FourTwenty mod and Evening Flower, from which we grabbed parts of program, but in the end
it's was something else that we had created.

We didn't know lua when we started over, and we have learned alot of it with pleasure as for more knowing it's national roots, where we live.

Was very fustrating for us that klei had absolutely no documentaion for the API, and the 'makemods' text into game folder is simple a joke; "Download a mod and figure out" -- we only laughed, then worried, because we would have to learn the hard way. Reading a lot of program from others mod and game scripts, and WHITOUT INTERNET we started figuring out some things, yes we did it entirely without web, as it was made off home.

Recently I've found this site dontstarveapi.com, and it would be good to help there maybe, it's a unofficial API doc.

We build this in the period of a month, rewrote the program about six times, redraw, repaint, reanimation, corrections and color scales where redone alot.
There where about 5 versions of the bush. xD
We are very old hardcore players and tryed to balance everything well so this mode don't turn out as an overpower cheating thing like most mods do and instead just use game mechanics to be an extra asset to the game, for sake.

We have been playing this game since it's beta stage, about seven or eight years so far, an state of art. And now we proud to present you our mod.

==== USED TOOLS

Free software always on mind, live free or die!
Very frustating for the artist who is FOSS compilant to not have a way
to compile the art to those binary 'weird things', had to handle it
to the rwindows every time.
**The mod tools is terrible and useless!

Programs:
· GIMP
· VIM
· Don't Starve Mod Tools (only for the compiler on Windows)
· Spriter R10 Free
· Notepad++
· ktools

· GNU/Linux
· Windows (if it is to be considered an system what so ever *lies*)

==== KNOWN ISSUES

We have corrected all bugs found so far, please report if you get one.

-Ganja bushes won't save their timers in it's stages on world reload

==== TODO

-Possibly hide the percentage on tuskpipe.
-Add effects on the screen when high, or even turns the player slow a little.
-Add a gnome easter egg
-Create the Weeder character, embased on a friend of ours.

** If we can, one they we will realease the 'Reign of Ganja' DLC, hahaha
with: a new giant, a new character or more, more ganja, mobs, bad trip on casual mushroom eat... gnomes.

==== CREDITS

Mod Design: Ardokh, Bush Doctor

Art: Ardokh

Programming: Bush Doctor

Programming Assistance: Ardokh

Edited by ardokh

What's New in Version 1.4   See changelog

Released

V1.4 (Jul 07 2021)

-Fixed ganja bush placer. Provided by Lord Skully.
-Fixed growing time for ganja_bush_full to reach old.
-Rewrote drying rack anim code (compatible with future Klei updates).
-Ganja, ganja dried and ganja seeds are no longer edible. Provided by Lord Skully.
-Wortox hunger debuff nerfed (by half).
-Golden pipe durability reduced (5 uses). 
-Script polishment and remove of obsolete parts.

** Thanks for sharing and helping Lord Skully

ganja-1.4.7z

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi bangcyeah88, could you be more specific? or may post the log?

Did you grab the 1.0 version? A lor of people run it without problem, and I've been testing with no errors.

Maybe it is a incompatibility with other mod(s) you use?

Edited by ardokh

6 hours ago, Master Jand said:

We now have pot in DS. I'll stick with Maxwell's cigar, thank you.

um.png

• Like 3

I picked 1.0 v but it doesn't works, "crashed!" at start of the game, and i cant turn on the mod, when the game restarts, its again off
how i can fix it? 

Hi there, I'm so sorry, but the ganja mod is yet no ported to Don't Starve Single-Player, it currently only works with Don't Starve Together, seeing your issue I will make a more appearent warning regarding that compatibility and as sad in the TODO part of the post, we intent to port it to single-player including shipwrecked and reign of giants, please be patient for that and you shall have it. ;)

Edited by ardokh
  • Like 1

Gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme some ganja! 

• Like 2

HUGE update fellas! Despite the version_number we actually rewrote a lot of things, program is very polished now.

The 1.1 updates bring some news too, now you have to dry the ganja to use it, put some in the Drying Racks and in about a day it will be dried .

Ah, and there's more coming... Foods, and the Weeder character!
WARNING: We had executed test to check compatibility for 1.0 worlds and it seens ok, but you may encounter problems, requiring to create a new world.

PS:. Also note that as sugested by Steam-User @Shaniqua we changed the chance of ganja_seeds double drop to the old stage of the bush, so you have to choose between growing the farm bigger, or your head!

Ah, and for those waiting the DS (Single-Player Base Game) version, we are working on it and it's almost ready to launch!

Edited by ardokh
  • Like 1

@minespatch Yes, I was heavily working on the art for the weeder, it yet needs some polishment. You will see him soon I hope, with a bong!

@SamuelCTB We've encountered some problems on integrating certain parts with shipwrecked which is delaying our release for the DS (Single-Player). Please be patient, we will figure this out somehow, and release it.

* Sorry for the late reply, had many things going on!

Edited by ardokh
  • Like 1

ubercool man! I very liked it, and I'm happy to see your appreciation for our mod too.

hahahaha, cheech and chong fits well in the contest, very good @minespatch

Edited by ardokh
  • Like 1

If I ever do a mod for the Conjuring's The Warrens, I'll try them in the future as a duo character mod. They might have different partner mechanics that would be fun to try.

How long does it take for the bushes to grow? I found them in the forest and I dug them up and replanted them and it's taking forever to grow, what do I do?

@Tritonvelocity

It will take about an entire season for it to grow buds. Prease refer to the mod descriptions above for more instructions!

PS.: you should play the mod at least for the bush to grow a stage (there are five), because when you close the game the grow times will be reset to the stage the bush is. When you load the game the bush will retain it's last stage, but the gorwth time will be restarted for it.

Edited by ardokh
  • Like 2

I love the mod seriously as the only thing that I found this game to be missing was luxury items like tobacco or ganja (my poison of choice) and non luxury weapons like well muskets....never gonna happen, cannot wait for it to go singleplayer (partially because I don't have don't starve together.... I don't need friends)

Edited by ILycaon
  • Like 1

@gerzulal and @ILycaon

sorry for the delay fellas, we've encountered a series of problems while porting it over shipwrecked thus to even consider a separated version, not to mention we've been very busy with works (freelas in my case) and others things, putting not so great effort because lack of time, mostly.

I thank you for the appreciation, it will come to exist eventually, hope soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2