• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

(October, 20, 2016) 

Dont Darken Together Version: 1.6.8 

Special thanks to rezecib, DrGrammar, Lumisteria, Indie-ana Jones/Mario384, ekoneko9, and Tiniflake. 
Also I give credit to Farxodor, which had files stolen from rezecib to make his MOD (Good going, mate). 
all gamers previously mentioned contributed on inspiring me to make my MOD.

----------------------------------------READ THIS---------------------------------------- 

Special thanks to SuperDavid from Klei Forums for supervising me during the making of this MOD.

----------------------------------------READ THIS---------------------------------------- 

Hi, [h1]Darkaisa[/h1] here: 

Some official game updates have caused a disparity between characters PVP balance and in my opinion when Klei 
Entertainment releases an update nerfing or buffing a character in Don't Starve Together they execute with 
an overextension. A lot of details about some characters nerf or buffs were not welcome by the mayority of 
the gaming community, but I personally like every character's overall theme, so I took some steps to change 
these overextensions. I am interested in making the game more enjoyable by revising every character's 
attributes. I hope this MOD eventually becomes the player's "game retreat" instead of losing interest in 
the game by frustration, grindin, lack of friends, going to play another game, etc. I will try to keep 
working every character as I go, by updating this MOD on a frequent basis "At least once a year... Joking!".

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=778204671

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/1596-dont-darken-together/

[h1]Important Goals[/h1] 

•  
  • Make the game more fun for players by adding increased survivavility and diversity for every character, 
        in a global scale, to make the game more enjoyable 
  • Running had been added to the game. To run press LEFT SHIFT while moving. Be aware, running will raise 
        your temperature and consume quite a lot of your hunger food reserves. (After all, you need a lot of energy to run). 
        Use it sparingly or to escape from dangerous situations.

Changelog: 

Version: 1.6.8
- Item stack has been doubled for almost all items
- Update compatibility fix

Version: 1.6.7
- Hot Fix

Version: 1.6.6
- Hot Fix
- Tumbleweeds have a chance of providing better items
- Stalagmites have a chance of dropping gems
- Wendy's sister (Abigail) is not stupid anymore. Her sister ghost will actually be useful and will follow 
    the player instead of stay fighting the enemy when Wendy retreats. This will prevent unwanted deaths. 

Version: 1.6.5
- Bug Fixes
- Shadows drain sanity, effectively canceling Maxwell's sanity regeneration over time if abilities are used 
    beyond moderate potential - up to a noticeable sanity drain at maximun potential. 

Version: 1.6.0
- Added an expensive refining recipe for gears for all characters (You know, sometimes they're REALLY hard to find) 
- Running had been added to the game. To run press LEFT SHIFT while moving. Be aware, running will raise 
    your temperature and consume quite a lot of your hunger food reserves. (After all, you need a lot of energy to run). 
    Use it sparingly or to escape from dangerous situations.
- Abigail will be smarter and should resist stronger attacks compensating her slow speed. 
- Maxwell total sanity penalties are reduced to make the player interested in other sanity and health sources
    to compensate for the sanity drain when using magic.

Version: 1.5.92
- Adjusted shadow characters ingredients to prevent infinite shadow spawns 

Version: 1.5.91
- Bug Fixes 

Version: 1.5.90
- Updated MOD main goals, extended and organized the MOD road-map 
- Upgraded Codex versions allow you to use stronger magic: Codex Umbra II, and Codez Umbra III respectively
- Codex Umbra II allows crafting of Nightmare fuel at the cost of some sanity and health, and create the shadow warrior
- Codex Umbra III allows the creation of the expensive shadow knight 
- Shadow Duelists come in three tiers, with increasing cost and strength: 
    Shadow Duelist = The crappy defender. They only serve as a distraction to escape danger 
    Shadow Warrior = You can rely on them to protect you from monsters and aid you in combat against small enemies 
    Shadow Knight = The expensive trusty companion to aid you in real combat, like PVP combat or bosses 

Version: 1.5.82
-Bug Fixes 

Version: 1.5.81
-Bug Fixes 
- Maxwell's "DARK MAGIC" creates a more diverse set of disadvantages to compensate for balance, in other 
    words - a more diverse set of disadvantages for Maxwell instead of the current focus of 
    fragility and battle inefficiency.

Version: 1.5.8
-Added MOD support on Steam discussions and Klei Entertainment Forum 

Version: 1.5.6
-Fixed Maxwell's exaggerated sanity drain in some situations 

Version: 1.5.5
-Fixed the MOD not allowing the player to start a server 

Version: 1.5.4 
-Fixed the game crash bug when using the MOD 

Version: 1.4.1
- Upgraded the synergy bonus of character abilities to encourage players to work together 
- Maxwell had a slight ammount of health increased 

Version: 1.3.4
- Fixed error that caused crash upon trying to host a game

Version: 1.3.3
[h1]Stat Changes[/h1]

• Maxwell now has 100 health (from 75) 
  • Sanity regeneration now 10/min (from 6.67/min) 
  • Maxwell loses his sanity regeneration while wet 
  • Maxwell loses sanity regeneration per shadow beyond the first shadow 
  • Maxwell's dark magic negates some beneficial resources, so he receives only 75% of from food and healing items 

[h1]Shadows[/h1]

• Shadows no longer require weapons or tools, only requires nightmare fuel, and enough sanity.
  • Shadows can be given hats 

v1.3.2
- Added purple gems to codex upgrade cost

v1.3.1
- Fixed a bug with shadows wearing eyebrellas

v1.3
- Shadows may be given hats
- Health of higher level shadow warriors reduced, exchanged for damage reduction
- Shadow damage reduction is overridden by helmet damage reduction

v1.2.1
- Compatibility with latest beta release, should be backwards compatible with the base game.

v1.2
- Added configuration
- Reduced shadow sanity drain slightly
- Reduced healing from items
- Reduced file size significantly
- Swapped weapon of shadow solider and knight (I guess this makes more sense, since the dark sword is technically stronger)

v1.1
- Added third tier codex and duellist.
- Added images.

---Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together are trademarked and are the properties of Klei Entertainment---

Dont Darken Together.rar

What's New in Version 1.5.6   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hello:

If you get a crash, incompatible MOD due to an update, error, etc, please let me know here in the comments section below. 

Most importantly, I made this with all the intention for you, all gamers, to have fun. So, HAVE FUN!

make this don't starve compatible please instead of don't starve together compatible or is there a mod for it

if so leave link in the reply for me

thanks!