• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

7 Screenshots

About This File

Features:

Call forth the foul beast of the Don't Starve world using my Magic Horns! Just make sure you are prepared to fight!

Hound Horn:

Current Icon

Current Recipe

This will trigger a hound attack, the severity of which is as it is normally, based on the amount of days you have survived. It has 10 uses and cost 10 sanity to use, it should not cost you either if it fails to summon the hounds. Needs an Prestihatitator to prototype. You cannot summon the hounds if you can already hear barking, if you are in a cave, or if you are in a world without hound attacks. Using the Hound Horn resets the hound counter like normal so you can use this while you are prepared to fight them so you can ensure a safety period while you explore, ect.

Krampus Horn:

Current Icon

Current Recipe

Using this horn is the equivalent to committing a naughty act well above the threshold, so at least one Krampus will be summoned but depending on the amount of days you have survived the number of them could be as much as 3 if you have live past day 100. Needs an Prestihatitator to prototype. It has 10 uses and cost 15 sanity to use, it should not cost you either if it fails to summon any krampii. There is a 5 second cool down between successful summons.

Werepig Horn:

Current Icon

Current Recipe

Using this horn will make all pigman and pig guards on screen turn into werepigs. Needs an Prestihatitator to prototype. It has 10 uses and cost 15 sanity to use, it should not cost you either if it fails transform any pigs. There is a 5 second cool down between successful transformation.

Turn the tide of battle by turning your loyal army of pigs into a not so loyal army of werepigs, they are vulnerable during their shifting phase so timing is everything.

Slurper Horn:

Current Icon

Current Recipe

Using this horn will summon 1 to 3 hungery Slurpers. Needs an Prestihatitator to prototype (may change to Ancient Station in the future). It has 10 uses and cost 10 sanity to use, it should not cost you either if it fails to summone any Slurpers. There is a 5 second cool down between successful summons. You cannot summon if you are not in a cave or the ruins.

Worm Horn:

Current Icon

Current Recipe

Using this horn will trigger a Worm attack, the severity of which is as it is normally, based on the amount of days you have survived. It has 10 uses and cost 15 sanity to use, it should not cost you either if it fails to summon the Worms. Needs an Shadow Manipulator to prototype. You cannot summon the Worms if they are already attacking, if you are not in a cave or the ruins, or if you are in a world without Worm attacks. Using the Worm Horn resets the Worm counter like normal so you can use this while you are prepared to fight them so you can ensure a safety period while you explore, ect.

Tree Horn:

Current Icon

Current Recipe

This ones kinda nuts actually. This will cause more or less ALL trees on screen to turn into HOSTILE Treeguards. Needs a Shadow Manipulator to prototype. It has 10 uses and cost 20 sanity to use, it should not cost you either if it fails to awaken any Treeguards. It now also makes pacified or sleeping Treeguards hostile toward you, but if that is all it does it won't count as a successful use. There is a 5 second cool down between successful awakening of any Treeguards.

*NEW*In RoG all Birchnut Trees on on screen will also turn into Poison Birchnut Trees.

Spider Horn:

Current Icon

Current Recipe

This will make any spiders nest on screen move to it's next level and if it is level 3 it will turn into a spider queen and always leave behind a level one nest regardless of adjacent nests and queens. Needs a Shadow Manipulator to prototype. It has 10 uses and cost 15 sanity to use, it should not cost you either if it fails to do anything to any nest. There is a small 3 second cool down between successful uses.

Deerclops Horn:

Current Icon

Current Recipe

Once used it will immediately set it to early-winter and snowing and a hostile Deerclops will appear very close by after 6 second. It is in the Ancient tab and needs a repaired Ancient Pseudoscience Station to craft. It has 10 uses and cost 33 sanity to use, it should not cost you either if it fails to summon the Deerclops. You cannot summon if you are in a cave or a world without Deerclops.

This will only allow one Deerclops and no other giants to exist at a time, if there is already a Deerclops very near you the horn will make it target you and your character will say "I think I just made it even more mad."

If there is a Deerclops on the map but not close to you the horn will bring it close to you and your character will say "Looks like there was one near by."

If some other giant is on the map, your character will say "I think one giant is enough." and nothing else will happen.

Neither of those to things will cost sanity or durability and does not effect the weather.

The horn does not effect the regular spawning of Deerclops, and the horn is different from a regular Deerclops attack in that the Deerclops will try to target you first and only your stuff if he becomes distracted.

*NEW*Moose/Goose Horn:

Current Icon

Current Recipe

Once used it will immediately set it to early-spring and raing and a hostile Moose/Goose will appear very close by after 6 second. It is in the Ancient tab and needs a repaired Ancient Pseudoscience Station to craft. It has 10 uses and cost 33 sanity to use, and works the same as the Deerclops horn.

*NEW*Dragonfly Horn:

Current Icon

Current Recipe

Once used it will immediately set it to early-summer and not raining and a hostile Dragonfly will appear very close by after 6 second. It is in the Ancient tab and needs a repaired Ancient Pseudoscience Station to craft. It has 10 uses and cost 33 sanity to use, and works the same as the Deerclops horn.

*NEW*Bearger Horn:

Current Icon

Current Recipe

Once used it will immediately set it to early-autumn and not raining and a hostile Bearger will appear very close by after 6 second. It is in the Ancient tab and needs a repaired Ancient Pseudoscience Station to craft. It has 10 uses and cost 33 sanity to use, and works the same as the Deerclops horn.

*Note* In worlds without certain seasons, snow, or rain, the giant horns will not cause it if it is not allowed, but will still summon the giant. If the giant is not allowed then the horn will do nothing.

Customization:

The number of uses, the cost of sanity, and the range for horns that have range can be customized individually. Open the modmain.lua file in the MagicHorns folder and edit any of the numbers to your liking in this section:

*WARNING* It is recommended that you not set any Ranges higher than 30.

----Config-------USES is how many times each horn can be used--SANITY is how much sanity will be lost on a successful use--RANGE is how far it will effect things on screen by default 20 will not effect things in the upper corners of your screen but a good portion of unseen space below you will be effected. 25 will effect everything on screen and a lot off screen. 30 will effect a massive area around you.  Always remember you can spin around with Q and R to check your surroundings.TUNING.MH_hound_horn_USES = 10TUNING.MH_hound_horn_SANITY = 10TUNING.MH_krampus_horn_USES = 10TUNING.MH_krampus_horn_SANITY = 15TUNING.MH_werepig_horn_USES = 10TUNING.MH_werepig_horn_SANITY = 15TUNING.MH_werepig_horn_RANGE = 20TUNING.MH_slurper_horn_USES = 10TUNING.MH_slurper_horn_SANITY = 10TUNING.MH_worm_horn_USES = 10TUNING.MH_worm_horn_SANITY = 15TUNING.MH_tree_horn_USES = 10TUNING.MH_tree_horn_SANITY = 20TUNING.MH_tree_horn_RANGE = 20TUNING.MH_spider_horn_USES = 10TUNING.MH_spider_horn_SANITY = 15TUNING.MH_spider_horn_RANGE = 20TUNING.MH_deerclops_horn_USES = 10TUNING.MH_deerclops_horn_SANITY = 33TUNING.MH_moose_horn_USES = 10TUNING.MH_moose_horn_SANITY = 33TUNING.MH_dragonfly_horn_USES = 10TUNING.MH_dragonfly_horn_SANITY = 33TUNING.MH_bearger_horn_USES = 10TUNING.MH_bearger_horn_SANITY = 33--------------

Discuss:

Any tips or suggestions are welcome and appreciated but go easy on me, A n00b I am.

You can talk to me about the mod, tell me how much you like it, or just say hi below.

Also ratings do make me happy, especially the 5 star variety. ;)

Incompatible with:

---------- It should not be incompatible with anything as far as I know.

Old Changelog/older versions:

v0.5: Straight port to [Hunger Update]

v0.4: magichorns 0.4 powers

Deerclops Horn improvements:

The Deerclops will appear after 6 second from summoning him and specifically target you first.

Only one Deerclops at a time using the horn, to avoid getting them to fight each other.

Deerclops horn will agro nearby Deerclops.

Deerclops horn will teleport far away Deerclops to you.

v0.3:

fixed misspelled Krampus Horn name.

tree horn makes pacified or sleeping Treeguards hostile toward you, but if that is all it does it won't count as a successful use.

added easy customization of the uses and sanity cost for each horn and the ranges of the spider, tree, and werepig horn.

Added Werepig Horn.

v0.2 fix bug where using the spider horn near a flaming spiders nest crashes the game.

v0.1 initial beta release.

Acknowledgments:

The Worm Horn was first suggested by Ioioto

Boring Legal Stuff:

Feel free to use anything from my mods in anyway you like, acknowledgement is not necessary but it is appreciated.

As school and life take up more of my time I may have to give up on updating these mods, if I fail to update them to the current version of Don't Starve for several weeks, assume my mods are abandon and feel free to start your own version using any and all of my assets.

It sure has been a lot of fun!

88x31.png

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

To Install:

Just go to steamsteamappscommondont_starvemods and place the folder located in the .zip archive

Start Don't Starve and go to the "Mods" menu and enable this mod.

Support My Mods:

If you would like to help me out, follow this adf.ly like link wait for 10 seconds and click the "Skip ad" at the top right of the page.

What's New in Version 0.7   See changelog

Released

• Moderately Friendly update

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

it's crash when i use werepig horn

Under what circumstances?  Is there a crash screen with a log?  What other mods are you using?

it crash when i blow werepig flute at near pig torch

I can't recreate that crash, it works on pig guards fine for me, is there are crash screen with a log on it?

The tree horn makes ALL the trees i the hole world treeguards!

WELL **** ME!

Update: I apologize. It's beacause i modded the modmain.lua

TUNING.MH_tree_horn_RANGE = 200

My mistake

↑ Lol, sorry I sort of tried to imply that you should not go higher then 30, but have no countermeasure against anyone that wants to see the whole world come to life, because you know it was sort of cool right?

• Like 1

↑ Lol, sorry I sort of tried to imply that you should not go higher then 30, but have no countermeasure against anyone that wants to see the whole world come to life, because you know it was sort of cool right?

Thanks by the way for the awesome mod!

Make a worm horn which triggers a worm attack in caves.

Sorry for the delay, I got real busy all of the sudden.  I will work on this tomorrow, the excuse I am going to use is I wanted everyone to get a chance to fight Worms vanilla before I introduced the Worm horn.

• Like 1

↑

I have not been following the current progress of Don't Starve for a little while now, I will look into making sure everything is up to date.

Holy Tree!!! The Tree horn is pure awesomeness... no boring everlasting treecutting for living log farming.

One simple blow inside dense forest makes easy quicky with any Giant, though... too OP but still, I cannot imagine to do without this anymore... other horns are not making much difference but the Treeguard one is massacre.