• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

2 Screenshots

About This File

I would like to introduce Neuron Industries latest invention, the Know-it-all-atron! Let it provide you with valuable information about your surroundings so you don't have to! Let me share some of the wonderful features of the Know-it-all-atron:

Features:

Thank you for considering crafting the fabulous Know-it-all-atron, first keep in mind the recipe:

FSJt0Xg.png

That's 3 gold, 2 gun powder, and 1 gear.

Now to access the Know-it-all-atron data base by wearing it on your back like so:

i5RDKVV.png

It is a bit heavy though, so don't be trying to out run monsters with it on your back.

And you will Notices that it's niffy control panel will open up on the right hand of the screen:

f4I3tzU.png

Now that you know how to use it, lets take a look at its features:

Sanity Rate- It measures you sanity by scanning your brain and definite not irradiating you, it will than tell you the current rate in sanity per minute your sanity is going up or down.

Example:

85hp8ew.png

Naughtiness - It keeps track of the the naughty things you have been up to, and before sharing it with the government and Google AdSense, it tells you your naughtiness level and the naughty threshold that will summon a Krampus if reached and the amount of time in seconds until your naughty level drops by one.

Example:

9diZUp2.png

Beard Level- By analyzing your manly pheromones it will determine information about your current beardieness, how long you've been growing it, when it will grow more, and how much you will get for it if shaved.

Example:

zgau9VV.png

Temperature - Feeling cold, or over heated? Well your just in luck, because the Know-it-all-atron can tell you just how much you are being killed by the environment..

If (body temperature <
degrees (
for RoG)) you start to get the icy screen and if (body temperature <
degrees) you start to take
damage each second, read more about

Example:

8w8RqaB.png

You can also put the Know-it-all-atron on the ground and interface with by right clicking, useful so seeing the affect of being fully clothed has on your temperature, the panel is slightly to the left to accommodate backpacks.

baYHERX.png

Season- Witness as it has the power of divination and can tell you the number of days left in the current season, the outside temperature, and the phase of the moon even if it is day or in a cave.

PLauP0Z.png

Precipitation- Rain is serious business, and the Know-it-all-atron always takes care of business.

If you are in the overworld the basic information given is:

How long it is until rain or snow will start or stop and,

"Moisture atmo_moisture(moisture_floor/moisture_limit)"

When it is not raining atmo_moisture will go up and when it reaches the moisture_limit it will start to rain and moisture_floor will change, if it is raining then atmo_moisture will go down and when it reaches moisture_floor rain stops and moisture_limit will change.

If it is raining (or snowing) this information is also given:

", precip rate precip_rate"

which means how hard it is raining and is useful for the next information.

If the condition for lightning are right (which usually means if it is raining) then this information is also given:

", lightning nextlightningtime"

Which is how much time in seconds until the next lightning strike

When nextlightningtime reaches zero in a normal type of world:

If precip_rate > 0.75 then lightning will strike near you

if precip_rate > 0.5 then you will hear thunder and see a flash

if precip_rate < 0.5 then you will hear the faint sound of thunder.

Example:

theD97H.png

If you are in a cave you will get the time until the next quake in seconds, how much debris will drop and how long the quake will last.

Example:

Hound Attack- Built in urine sensors will detect how far away the next swarm of hounds will show up.

Giants - Giants, majestic and mysterious, they don't show up with any guarantee, rather they have a chance of making themselves known and the Know-it-all will attempt to track their movements, normally you will just see this:

Example:

But if one attempts to become active, it will tell you how many days before it might show up, and if one becomes present somewhere in the world, asking the Know-it-all-atron will alert you to it's presents:

Threats- Finally underground if you click the threats button, it will tell you information about the activity of the worms, it should also detect any other threats like them should they be implemented in the game or by a mod.

example:

If for some reason the information you are requesting is not valid at the time, like asking about hound attacks in a cave or beard level if not Wilson or Webber, you will get a message telling you as much. Example:

Notes:

Any reference to about of "days" means in game but seconds and minutes are in real time but may or may not be actual seconds and minutes but I am like 616% sure they are.

For
users:

The Hound Horn does initiate a regular Hound attack therefore it will reset the next time until a Hound attack.

The Krampus Horn does involves committing a very naughty act therefore it will reset your Naughtiness.

The Deerclops Horn does
NOT
initiate a regular Deerclops attack so using it will
NOT
change when the next Deerclops attack happens. Though two Deerclops can still never be in a world at the same time.

For
users:

Hitting the Rainometer makes it start raining without changing the humidity in anyway so if your atmo_moisture is low then a low moisture_floor is chosen but that means it will not rain particularly long or hard.(insert joke here).

If you are in a cave the Quakeometer functionality works from 500 seconds until the next quake being all the way in the yellow and 0 being all the way in the blue, and hitting it with a hammer (which by default is equivalent to detonating a single Gun Powder) will reduce that time by 200 seconds.

Discuss:

Any tips or suggestions are welcome and appreciated but go easy on me, A n00b I am.

You can talk to me about the mod, tell me how much you like it, or just say hi, below.

Also ratings do make me happy, especially the 5 star variety. ;)

Acknowledgements:

My first iteration of this mod was originally inspired by Mini tools.

Thanks to tehMugwump, WrathOf, chromiumboy and anyone else that helps create it, I could do none of this with out you.

The Worms feature was first suggest by ioioto

Boring Legal Stuff:

Feel free to use anything from my mods in anyway you like, acknowledgement is not necessary but it is appreciated.

As school and life take up more of my time I may have to give up on updating these mods, if I fail to update them to the current version of Don't Starve for several weeks, assume my mods are abandon and feel free to start your own version using any and all of my assets.

It sure has been a lot of fun!

http://i.creativecommons.org/l/by/3.0/88x31.png

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

To Install:

Just go to steamsteamappscommondont_starvemods and place the folder located in the .zip archive

Start Don't Starve and go to the "Mods" menu and enable this mod.

Support My Mods:

If you would like to help me out, follow this adf.ly like link wait for 10 seconds and click the "Skip ad" at the top right of the page.

What's New in Version 1.6   See changelog

Released

• Bug fix - Season now correctly tell you how many days are left in a season rather than how many days into it.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

awesome!!! Can u upload on steam workshop please?

Thanks! Sorry, I would love to put it on the workshop but I don't legit own Don't Starve so I can't.  Really very sorry for the inconvenience.

• Like 1

wow.... i feel humbled, this is way better than my wilson mod. *clap clap clap* well done.

Thanks, I am glad you like it. I think there can be something satisfying in gathering information and preparing for events in advanced knowing more precisely when they will happen, and I think it goes well with Wilson's theme. It could be called OP considering it's free and it makes things like the rainometer less useful but I think it adds a nice option in play style if you are looking for this kind of thing.

Because of the depths worms, can you make the Z key to see how many and when will they attack?

Because of the depths worms, can you make the Z key to see how many and when will they attack?

Done and done, I did not even relize the Worms were a type of event thingy.

• Like 1

Will other mods mess up this mod? Because i have got the CJB too many items mod and it uses the "T" key to open.

Will other mods mess up this mod? Because i have got the CJB too many items mod and it uses the "T" key to open.

There is a way to change the key bindings of my mod, see the config section.

Would anybody be really devastated if I abandoned this mod?  It was one of my favorites, I like the idea of being able to talk to your character to get information, but realistically there are just better mods out there that provide you with the same information, in the form of GUI gauges, though I have always felt this hurt immersion.

I might rethink the idea of this mod, I think binding it to buttons is a bit clunky, I was thinking about making it an item or object you craft but it will definitely be a while before I do that.  Please feel free to share your opinions, I find all input valuable.

Alright, I updated it, I think this makes it more balanced and feel like a legitmate mod an not a hacky mess like before.

GraySloth I like the idea although I am using Always On Status mod which shows some of the info constantly but yours provides more detailed info and is fun to use.

Alas there seems to be incompatibility with some other mod as I am getting this after activating your mod in ongoing game:

On a new game with all mods activated it seems to play but this one seems to at least nullify RPG HUD mod as I don't get the new HUD although it's activated.

Alas there seems to be incompatibility with some other mod as I am getting this after activating your mod in ongoing game:

http://snag.gy/IxrWE.jpg

That actauly looks like a problem with DisplayFoodValues, I know that mod has some problems when it comes to RoG.

On a new game with all mods activated it seems to play but this one seems to at least nullify RPG HUD mod as I don't get the new HUD although it's activated.

Well my mod does not write over anything, so it should in theory not be a problem with a mod that does, but I will look into it.

Have a problem. Atron isn't in list of recipes, but when I by mistake pressed G, it showed me hounds attacks. So I tried to find out other informations. I pressed H and game crashed. Multiple times, so hounds works, but I wonder what information is under H and if it's soo big information that is have to be hidden before me? :D And are there other informations I can get without craftable atron? Thanks a lot :)