What was that?

Okay... it was in the middle of a winter night, I was dead, a ghost.

Then I heard heavy breathing and footsteps as if a giant was walking around. I couldn't see anything as it was dark.

When the day came, all my chests were smashed to pieces. The things that were inside were still there.

Did anyone experience this before?

I don't know if it was because of the night, the winter, the sanity (but I was dead already) or perhaps because I had chests close to the Florid Postern...

Any ideas?

8 minutes ago, Murden said:

Okay... it was in the middle of a winter night, I was dead, a ghost.

Then I heard heavy breathing and footsteps as if a giant was walking around. I couldn't see anything as it was dark.

When the day came, all my chests were smashed to pieces. The things that were inside were still there.

Did anyone experience this before?

I don't know if it was because of the night, the winter, the sanity (but I was dead already) or perhaps because I had chests close to the Florid Postern...

Any ideas?

I can guarantee it was Deerclops. It comes every winter (in default world generation settings) and goes after your base to destroy it unless you get it to fight something. I'd recommend running out of your base on the night of day 30 and getting ready for a fight.

It was deerclops Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania deerclops

With deafult setting he will visit you on the night of day 30. He will attack or destroy anything in his path so it's better to leaave base on that day. i recomand fighting him because he gives you eyeball wchich you can turn into a really good umbrella.

1 hour ago, WishIHadAFridge said:

That's the forums for you: Near immediate responses from the most qualified people around.

......eeeehhhhh......

I'm kidding. I love this place.

Deerclops spawning mechanism seems to target the player nearest most structures at the last audible growl prior to him spawning. So in DST if everyone leaves base together and goes somewhere open, drops a couple fires, fire pit, and signs (just cost a board and gives a board if hammered/broken down). Deerclops will spawn near them and can easily be dealt with. He has 4000 health. His ice attack will chill and then freeze any chilled players on next hit. I recommend everyone either zerg him with hambats/darksword. Or if you have one good kiter, they can hit three times, step out of attack range, go back in and do it again. The other players can keep fires stoked or get sanity restoring items to the person fighting Deerclops. I usually have extra cactus on hand by the 28th or so. Easy giant and a great way to get rolling for other seasons and such. Good luck!

Archived