So after a long break (I burned myself out real bad) I finally started playing some Don't Starve Together again, and I decided that this time I wanted to finally start on a project. Something not really all that practical, but that I thought would be kind of fun. So I started making a world that will essentially be filled with National Park, each in a specific biome, with camp sites, the camp keepers quarters, - the whole shebang. I'm currently using the water mod (I forgot it's exact name, but it has water, tea kettles, and more, and the art style actually looks dead on for Don't Starve) to make the camps more elaborate, and honestly, I'm thinking about toning down all the monsters to use the Thirst mod and the Fire Starter mod, for the added realism, and to make my park feel more "campingy". Obviously not practical, but fun, and I will post pictures when I finish my current campground, "Catcoon Creek".

So what my question is to all of you, have you ever made a not necessarily practical nor utilitarian base, but a themed one? And if so, what? I did make a castle ages ago on the Vita (In the dark ages before I got a Laptop), which I don't have pictures of, but I've always rather enjoyed making themed bases and areas. So if you have, by all means share! 

I've kept free-range Koalefants in my base.  Does that count?

I guess not.  Well, there was that time I built amidst the marble pillars, for what that's worth.  It wasn't much to look at, though.

Spoiler

Later, I got killed by dragonfly.  Good times.

And of course, there's the Not Completely Useless Durian Farm for Meatatarians.

Spoiler

2015-09-05_00001.jpg

2015-09-05_00002.jpg

2015-09-05_00003.jpg

I made a "practical utilitarian base"-themed base, which was a tribute to a previous practical utilitarian base.  I also made a base divided into sections by an L-shaped cliff that made it difficult to chase away night hands, and the pengulls charged through every winter.  They're both included in a larger series; I present

"Arsonist Adventures: a story told through base development (mostly)"

Spoiler

2014-11-16_00001.jpg

2014-11-16_00002.jpg

2014-11-21_00001.jpg

2014-11-30_00003.jpg

2014-12-01_00002.jpg

2014-12-05_00001.jpg

2015-12-11_00001.jpg

2015-12-11_00002.jpg

2015-12-11_00003.jpg

Cool idea! Amanda Pikachu posted some pics of her "old house in a dark forest"-themed base here:

And the same thread had Disie's library.

This is pretty small, but we made a "campsite" off to the side of our base when it became possible to make relics. We've mostly got Wickers so we don't really use it, but we still like it:

campsite.png

I had an idea of making an ancient type area, with Thulecite pyramids and such, mostly based off of ancient Aztec cities. I kinda fooled around a bit in a custom game, the problem for me were the kinda trees that would match. If DST had the jungle trees from shipwrecked it would've been perfect

1 minute ago, CutChemist said:

I had an idea of making an ancient type area, with Thulecite pyramids and such, mostly based off of ancient Aztec cities. I kinda fooled around a bit in a custom game, the problem for me were the kinda trees that would match. If DST had the jungle trees from shipwrecked it would've been perfect

Or even if you could plant the banana trees.

(not a themed base, but useless)

The only tallbird in my world. His nest wasn't sitting on any turf and he was looking pitiful.

I made him a little habitat with some wilderness props. Pretty damn useless, but I had fun.

PS: those thing are hard to approach without getting targeted. :S 

Capture d’écran 2017-06-02 à 19.25.49.png

I had a themed camp that I never took any pictures of... not that it looked (or sounded) that great anyway.  I tried to make a haunted fort surrounded by spider dens, this being the first and only time I used Webber*.  I hoped the walls would allow a safe place to keep Chester amidst all the spidery chaos surrounding the camp.  What I got was the constant and unending sound of spiders partying like it's 1989.  My poor walls!

*not counting Frog Webber during early DST caves testing.

I don't have any pictures - but one of my favorite things used to be finding the statues you couldn't craft (at that time) and incorporating those into my base, especially Maxwell statues when I was playing Maxwell.  I would leave monster meats or monster lasagnas out in front of the statues as offerings to decay to rot, and then use that to fertilize my berry bushes.

I have a dream of finding a nice set of pig torches when I'm playing Wes, and walling them off to make Wes' Tiki Lounge with chairs and tables from the ruins.  Sadly I have the worst luck with pig torches...  I even looked at the mod that is supposed to let you force - spawn set pieces, but it lacks control to spawn specific set pieces, and suggest you just set the world to MASSIVE for the same effect...

Archived