Did Klei Change The Threshold Of Tiles From Water?

With Klei update fixing overheating I decided to start a new world and over my start point there was a nice batch of water that perfectly fit the an 8x8 reservoir I like to build for water. After its completion I dug a hole up for the water to pour straight into the reservoir. As it did so at the bottom of the reservoir's bottom where the water first hit the bottom stress fractures began to appear from either weight or force and I even had to repair the Sandstone of 1 tile. As a precaution I added a third layer around it to play it safe. If it does collapse its okay, because there's more water in a chasm under it.

Anyways I've never seen this happen before when I put water into a reservoir with tiles 2 thick. I also never poured water directly into one from right above and either built around the water, had it flow from the side or pumped it in without problems. Was it always like this or a recent change? I do admit the water dropped much faster than before, which usually was a trickle. The water pretty much fell out of the hole in and made a huge blob before entering the reservoir.

I do have another huge batch of water above and when the tank is empty I'll repair it and slowly release it in waves and see what happens.

Really need to debug just how much is hardness worth for water holding.
Slime and Algae are both 2 hardness and Sandstone is 10, and Sandstone is terrible at holding water.
So it should be measurable.

Hm mm I hope it hasn't gotten weird. Im building a giant u bend to deal with potential flooding from a geyser I popped. its built all out of granite and is 4 and 5 thick but has 15 tile high drop points in it.  that could potentially lead to massive repairs.

4EC3CE8DEE812B6CBD8795ABEFDE679A812BD8A7wasn't enough I had to keep digging into it to sweep out debris that woud show up  as bright little stars on  he actual structure

I played around with it and dropped Contaminated Water in a second reservoir and the same thing happened in only 2 sets of tiles that were on the floor below the opening. The wall side showed no damage because the other side held water to re-enforce it. The weakened tiles only had 1 that had 2 tiles while everything else was surrounded by dirt. The only thing that I can see that's happening is that the water's force of weight from dropping is damaging the tiles. 2 tiles thickness should still hold if the liquid is pumped or dropped from less than a 5 tile height.

Tile hardness

- sandstone / sedimentary rock / ingenous rock : hardness 2 

- obsidian : hardness 50

- granite : hardness 80

- abyssalite : hardness 250

2 layer of obsidian is enough for standard 50,000 kg water reservoir. (5x10 tile space)

Easiest solution to the storage of water is to simply boil all of it into steam and store the steam.  Re-condense the steam into water where and when you need it.  This minimizes material usage and other problems that come from storing huge amounts of water, such as computing all of that mass displacements.

Archived