Turning events on and off

It seems, from the minimal amount of experimenting I've done, that you can turn on an event when the map is created, and then you are stuck with it for the rest of the life of that world.  I think that it should be possible to turn events on and off. For example, I would like to build chests in the gingerbread house shape that was made available during the holiday event. (Actually, since this was an event skin, I'm not even entirely sure if it would be available if you turned on the holiday event at world gen.) But  I don't necessarily want to get plum pudding and gingerbread men every time I kill a mob.

There are console commands to turn events off and on, there's even a command to have all the events on at the same time. 

I agree though, it should be available to change during gameplay. The gingerbread chest is not coming back though, that was a time limited skin. Rip yuletide overcoat. 

I loved that overcoat!  (Psst--actually my scarecrow on my non-beta server is still wearing the everybody-gets-access-to-it-during-the-holiday-only green fancy tailcoat, 'cos I haven't changed him out of it.  On purpose.  Ssshhh!)

Actually, on a related note...what _do_ you call the costumes that everybody can wear during a holiday for free, but they're only temporary?  If you call them "event skins" they could get confused with the event DROPS, which _are_ permanent.  I know there's a community name for those; I just can't think of what it is...

...Notorious

3 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I loved that overcoat!  (Psst--actually my scarecrow on my non-beta server is still wearing the everybody-gets-access-to-it-during-the-holiday-only green fancy tailcoat, 'cos I haven't changed him out of it.  On purpose.  Ssshhh!)

Actually, on a related note...what _do_ you call the costumes that everybody can wear during a holiday for free, but they're only temporary?  If you call them "event skins" they could get confused with the event DROPS, which _are_ permanent.  I know there's a community name for those; I just can't think of what it is...

...Notorious

They are called Event skins I think.. The other ones that drop during events usually get their own category, like Halloween skins and Winter skins. Not sure though. 

Archived