Early Access Update 9: CYBER TERROIR - Patch Notes

• Developer

post-251510-0-42293900-1420501520_thumb.

Click here to download the full 1920 x 1080 image!

Happy New Years everyone,

I hope you had a great season. Looks like some people were able to spend some time on Invisible, Inc. over the holidays as there were several articles about it, like this article from www.destructoid.com and this one over at www.rockpapershotgun.com (scroll down). Tom Francis, the creator of Gun Point, did a great dissection article about it here (Many of you may have already seen it from JonathanEpp's post about it here in the forum).

We've just come back from the holidays ourselves and are now gearing up for the push to the end of the Beta. we've got several more 2 week updates before we setup for the final big one.

Update 9 brings you Tony Xu's alternate build. Being on the cutting edge of augment technology, he breaks the rule of no augments in the archive loadouts. This early augment prototype allows him to use any piece of equipment regardless of skill requirement. Hit the Security Dispatch locations to get some high end equipment he'll be able to use right from the start. He also brings an EMP with him, which helps in dealing with early Sankaku locations.

Couple of new Daemons will show up, adding more terror to the mainframe's terroir. "Felix" and "Mask", which will drain agency cash and hide Daemons for a duration respectively.

The new "Scan Chip" is a cheap way to identify Daemons and can also combat the new Mask Daemon. "Skeletal Suspension", an augment, will be great for people who want to hide incapacitated guards more easily.

Coming up soon will be key rebinding and the Sandbox mode we've mentioned a couple times in the weekly Klei twitch stream "Rhymes with Play". The Sandbox mode will allow you to tweak some dials on the level generation and gameplay rules. As an example the ability to turn the auto increasing alarm off, one of the more requested features.

Patch notes for Update 9: Cyber Terroir

Build122303
New Features
* Tony Xu Archive build.
* Felix Daemon.
* Mask Daemon.
* Scan chip
* Skeletal Suspension augment

Balance Changes
* Scanner items now require the Hacking skill.

Bug Fixes
* several text string changes, fixing typos and character errors.

Hotfixes
Build 122398
* edge pan speed increased.
* fixed a bug that was generating incorrect Daemons.
* fixed a bug when using Hunter on "Masked" firewalls that don't have a Daemon on them.

Build 122411
* fixed a bug that the final mission would not generate when arriving at day 4.

Build 122459
* fix for people who had already arrived at day 4 before the previous hotfix.
* fix for the repeat mission bug when saving at the map screen.

Really having fun with this one! The new encounters on the consoles are really fun, I'll take the choices over the skill checks any day.

But strange game-breaking bug I've encountered: I've reached Day 4 in Story Mode but I can't select the final mission to rescue the hostage, in-fact it doesn't even show up. There's just the location crosshair but no mission marker. I'm running the game on a Mac.

• Developer

Yes, very sorry about that (>_<).  There was a bug with the final mission that we just hotfixed. So now the final mission will show up when you arrive at day four as it should.

Unfortunately, that fix will not help players who have already arrived at day four. It will take us a little more time to make a solution for you players in this situation. Please be patient and we will hopefully have a fix for you tomorrow.

Also, this might be a bad place to ask, but

will we ever see a certain transhumanist added to the game?

^

WARNING: SPOILER CONTAINS REAL SPOILERS.

Well...

considering that Archived Xu's Cranial Bank mentions Alex McTeague... we may in fact be getting pretty close.

Also warning: Pretty big spoilers there too.

Hi. Thanks in advance for the new patch, but I gotta say that I would prefer that you fixed the bugs that crash the game all the time instead of creating new gear and new character features. I ask this sincerely, don't you think that the bugs that keep us players from enjoying the game fully are the priority?

I have posted many bugs in the "bug tracker forum" and some of the files I've attached weren't downloaded once, nor have I received any kind of feedback. I have even posted in other peoples threads "complaining" of the the same issues to reinforce the need for fixing these bugs that affect not just me but other players as well. I am aware that some of my posts are a repition of previous ones, but many of them had no feedback and were old, so I felt the urge to post them again to call your attention.

This is a very nice game you have here. I am glad I bought it. Please attend to these recurrent issues.

Keep up the good work.

• Developer

Hi. Thanks in advance for the new patch, but I gotta say that I would prefer that you fixed the bugs that crash the game all the time instead of creating new gear and new character features. I ask this sincerely, don't you think that the bugs that keep us players from enjoying the game fully are the priority?

Hey Varrmoos, we've been on our winter break for the last couple weeks, but we're back now and will be addressing the bugs posted over the holiday. We've seen your posts and are looking into the problems. Thank you for your enthusiasm and for taking the time to report those problems. 

Not yet, but soon! :-)

Ok, so to make it clear: no automatic increase of the alarms, only when you do a violation?

This would be my preferred method; you get penalized for being seen and acting against guards. It would be great if you would lose a complete circle/round when you do such things to make sure the game doesn't become too easy.

• Developer

We don't have the resources to balance the game for lots of particular sandbox variations, so while you can definitely turn the incrementing alarm off, you won't be able to make specific actions like guards seeing you give you lots of alarm. So it's unclear whether or not the alarm will be relevant with incrementing alarm off as an advanced player. There are definitely other ways to make the game harder thru sandbox mode though, and we'll be looking into changes as you guys test it. 

Anyone in here remembers Dr. Pedler? no? ok..... :frown:

Dr. Pedler in design was replaced by Dr. Xu.

Dr. Pedler in character will return as a slightly differently named character, but your transhumanist, extremely augmented character. In fact, Archived Dr. Xu gives you some hints to it.

Hm I was playing around with Archive Xu and noticed this description. I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean??  :wilson_confused: This sounds more like a description of Archive Shalem. I'm pretty sure that while Xu's a Doctor he's not  that kind of doctor...

post-465227-0-09380500-1420903264_thumb.

Hm I was playing around with Archive Xu and noticed this description. I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean??  :wilson_confused: This sounds more like a description of Archive Shalem. I'm pretty sure that while Xu's a Doctor he's not  that kind of doctor...

Indeed. I noticed that a few days ago too. I've also noticed that on file Xu uses deckards phrases at the beginning of levels too, which is weird also.

Archived