Will DS Be Continued After DST?

I just want an answer, all of my information has been scattered and confusing, will Don't Starve be continued or will it be classified as a finished game? I've always enjoyed playing this game and would like it to continue, I can remember the first time I saw someone play it on YouTube (Ethoslab) when it was in early development (Before Insanity!) and I went around digging up graves every time I would start in a world and not understand why those shadow-y things came out and ate me... Anyways please continue this project as many people enjoy Don't Starve and I missed the Age of Puzzles...

Thank you for reading that not-so-brief paragraph. Those spiders would kill me every time I saw one. :spidercowers:  :snarlingspider:

Isn't Don't Starve Klei's biggest and most popular game?

Of course they'll continue adding stuff to it as long as people are willing to drop money on it :p

I think it's too early to be thinking about a Don't Starve 2 though... There is still a ton of stuff they can add to the game and whatnot. 

Klei's 'thing' is to create new and challenging games, focusing on solid and unique game play mechanics. With each new game, one of their goals is to pretty much define a new genre - look at MOTN (I so much love that game). Either this will keep making rediculous amounts of money and they'll keep building it, or at some point it will be 'complete' and they will move onto the next challenge. Most likely a combination of the two, with DS continuing to provide an income whilst they begin upon a new project (I've heard some of the Devs talking about being busy on new games already).

I genuinely hope there is no DS2. There is no 'point' in a sequel, without first creating a story line that requires a new one... eg (are you listening Klei?) something along the lines of a mix from DS and Neighbours From Hell, where you become the Maxwell that throws stuff at the computer to frustrate, confuse, and kill your playthings. I don't see how this could be created into a long-play game, unless there is a balance mechanic (like, you earn points which you then spend on abilities (Monsters, rain, etc), like Populace), or maybe you get to be the Dungeon Master in DST and others play as the Dungeon Crawlers set in the DS world.(Do I see a potential Mod Idea, anyone?)

I think Don't Starve Together, is called DS2gether for a reason.

I have no problem throwing money at this game Klei, so keep up with the add-ons! :-)

I agree. I hope they do.  Weirdly enough, I got the game originally for free with my Playstation Plus account, and even though it's not like it was illegal or anything, it makes me sad that I didn't pay for it, because I want to give Klei all my money for this game.  I was excited to buy the RoG expansion.  And I'll probably buy the game again for Steam so I can play multiplayer.  I'll keep paying as long as it keeps being awesome.

Archived