Level issue when new event arrives(?)

Ohan

Oi peeps 

i just spent all my spools on skins and im happy to say i got pretty much everything i wanted! (spent a fortune on item skins *_*) 

but i started to think when the new event arrives what will happen to our lvls? if they stay the same getting new event chests for higher level people is going to be incredibly slow/difficult (im 97 atm myself) and im not sure if this is a real problem at all but something that worried me for a second. Cuz with The Forge early lvls were fast and plentiful chests! especially for people who dont intend to play too much/dont have the time they atleast get plenty of chests from early levels. 

anyway i was wondering if lvls would be reset for each new event? but thatd also kinda be weird or us high lvls are just gonna have to grind to get those juicy new event chests in the future? 

in closing thanks a lot for this event klei it was so much fun! heres to many more to come :heart: 

Well I assume the higher players would probably just play the new events for fun and then quit if it's to much of a grind to get something for the time spent into the game. I highly doubt Klei supports a loot system that punishes the player for playing a lot over several events since it would lead to less players playing their game. 

Well I would pretty much do this atleast.

I'm sure they're aware of the issue and probably have already an idea or solved it.

It seems unlikely that your level is going to carry over from event to event, mostly due to this:

5a2b2001530da_2017-12-0816_26_22-DontStarveTogether.png.34b327997ddb0f3b38e3f71e24304989.png

If you hover your cursor over the level flag, "The Forge" lights up, which implies to me that the level is tied to that event. If Klei does decide to have your level carry over, like @Seveni suggested I really doubt Klei would punish dedicated players by making the carry-over hurt your loot collecting.

14 hours ago, Zinfidel said:

It seems unlikely that your level is going to carry over from event to event, mostly due to this:

5a2b2001530da_2017-12-0816_26_22-DontStarveTogether.png.34b327997ddb0f3b38e3f71e24304989.png

I wonder if there'll be a paging system for each event after each event is over where you can check on each event and level. Like how people used to pick characters before the Forge character menu happened.

Archived