Wigfrid, melee or range?

lowfide

In pub I often see angree people who say that she should be melee cus of her aggro passive.

From the descrition what I would say - its a must have char in a party, 25 bloody % of damage boost is not a joke. From my own observation, area of buff is quite big (unfortunately I have no idea  how it triggers), so its hard to say what is better melee or range.

She could be range + Willow making tons of damage or just a tank with a great buff for allies but doing less dmg personally.

So, how better to use her?

And does battle cry work on summons? Which ones?

My suggestion is that you do both. Using Melee and sticking around your team is useful in getting that buff to apply, but also there are times when using range is better. Scorpeons is probably the best one, since as long as you stay out of Melee range of a Scorpeon, they won't do any attacks. Adapt to the situation, and remember, the buff also applies with ranged attacks too.

You do activate your buff more often when ranged.
However joining the action in melee does have it's benefits too, and even though buff range is "quite large" it does require you to shoot from closer distance than you usually do when ranged. It's also worth remembering the new spear which is tailored for Wigfrid shouts. 

What I do is use Melee in most of the run, only switching to darts when low HP or against Venomers. 

While I haven't, I don't imagine it would stack, the same way defense debuffs from hammers and lucy don't stack. As long as you were battle crying at different times (which, really, is most likely anyway) it'd be fine, but I'd also be surprised if you got two sky spears... probably best to only take one Widfridge. Without the sky spear she's kinda so-so, unless you're actually coordinating enough with a wickerbottom to power up her ridiculous meteor.

Archived