Koalefants Do Not Get Enough Respect

Poor cutie little docile creatures. Most people find them and kill them for their trunks. I actively hunt for them whenever I can. I do not kill them, but I add them to my sanctuary inside my megabase, why you ask? Well, one I love cute creatures but they are great to have as pets. They do not go into heat, they will not hurt you unless attacked but best of all..unlimited poop resources!  They are well worth the hunt and easy to capture.  Plus they will attack other mobs that mess with them , so that's a plus too. Am I the only one who keeps Koalefants as pets for this? I have a decent collection now, two Winter colored and two from Spring. They are just so sweet and adorable especially when they sleep. :)

@LadyAzure

you are not the only one! All my worlds end up having a Nature reserve with many Koalefants. Initially I kept 10-20 of them with the thought that if I got hungry I had easy meat available, given that you can easily separate one of them from the herd and snipe it.

However, I found that I never needed to kill any, simply due to food being a byproduct of many other mega-base activities. Yet, I still make a reserve for them every world. It must be because they are just too cute! Oh, and hunting to try and get some Eucus for steel brushes and such.

@Felix-The-Ghost  - Nah they do not breed, but they are poop machines. If you have a similar number to a Beefalo herd, the poop amount seems similar, but I do not have numbers. TBH I never see the need for poop, rot is plentiful and does the same job (albeit less efficiently, but sheer number and ease of collection cancels that out IMO)

^^

- B

I play in a world where keeping koalefants is happening big time as well. The owner of the server forbids me to to kill them or harm them in any way (I still kill some when she isn’t looking),but they mostly get inside a cage where they reunite with some other fellow koalefants!

If you feed a pig 4 monster meat he will turn into a werepig, and if you drop a stack of berries, vegetables or lightbulbs he will eat them and turn them all into poop, you can use this to easily get around 300 poops in under 30 minutes, then I'd recommend turning everything you don't use for farms into poop buckets which turn I think 4 poop into 10 uses

31 minutes ago, Bmanx4201 said:

If you feed a pig 4 monster meat he will turn into a werepig, and if you drop a stack of berries, vegetables or lightbulbs he will eat them and turn them all into poop, you can use this to easily get around 300 poops in under 30 minutes, then I'd recommend turning everything you don't use for farms into poop buckets which turn I think 4 poop into 10 uses

Well, if you regularly use the forest stalker, you get well over 100 foliage a night.

If used correctly, you get WAY more poop.

On 10/24/2017 at 11:52 AM, Felix-The-Ghost said:

Do they breed? How is the manure production compared to beefalo?

They do not breed which is great because they don’t go into heat. They produce the same amount of poop and easy to catch. I now have 3 of each color. 

Archived