AUTOCOMPILER FOR SPRITE NOT WORKING

my previous issue was solved, but now I'm having another issue with the autocompiler.

i wanted to remove a few body parts of the sprite, so I replaced them with the cleared versions, opened up spriter, and the changes were made. I used the autocompiler, but when I went back into the game, the sprite didn't change.

anyone know what went wrong?

2 hours ago, spideswine said:

Delete the files in the anim folder and try again.

Chances are it won't fix the problem, but will help in figuring out what the problem is.

BEEP new question ! im learning so much holy cow might as well title this my mod questions and concerns

making the big portrait images, the bigportrait "clyde" worked but the "clyde_none" didn't work, neither did the new text "names_Clyde"

i deleted the anim folder and recompiled to see if that did anything but it didn't. the images don't show up at ALL now in the character clothes screen, even undoing the changes doesnt bring them back-- any ideas?

Well I never actually made a new character myself, but the modicon isn't done via the autocompiler(though I suppose you can probably "trick" it into doing so), generally you do so via textools

which can turn png files into tex files, generally useful for skinning or in this case just making icons.

5 hours ago, spideswine said:

Well I never actually made a new character myself, but the modicon isn't done via the autocompiler(though I suppose you can probably "trick" it into doing so), generally you do so via textools

which can turn png files into tex files, generally useful for skinning or in this case just making icons.

would TEX tools be used for the character_none perhaps?

5 hours ago, spideswine said:

Yes.

The extended character template has a readme file in the big portrait folder explaining what to do.

I haven't begun work on the modicon yet, but I've been attempting to do the bigportrait_none photo. I'll open it up in TEXtools, but only the image of the border shows up, without the character inside. Going to the file OUTSIDE of TEXtools, it shows me that the character is indeed placed in the border like it should be. TEXtools doesn't show it or let me edit it to go into the game... The border WITHOUT the character shows up in game, along with the character's title.

so basically TEXtools isn't showing me the updated image? I've edited the xml files and everything.

Well textools opens a tex file, whereas they open a png file, so different files I suppose?

From what that readme says you open the tex file with textools, save it as a png file, edit that file to look like you want it to, then use tex tools to convert that file back into a tex file.

Edited by spideswine

4 minutes ago, spideswine said:

Well textools opens a tex file, whereas they open a png file, so different files I suppose?

From what that readme says you open the tex file with textools, save it as a png file, edit that file to look like you want it to, then use tex tools to convert that file back into a tex file.

Doesn't appear to be working... It says the blank portrait picture is there as a .tex file, and I save it as a png. When I go to edit it in another program, however, it's already how I want it to be (with the character added on the portrait). I'll try to open it in the textools but it doesn't work. 

problemmm.png

1 hour ago, spideswine said:

clyde_none.tex

Here's what I got when I did as the readme suggested, check if that works for you.

If it does work, did you use textools both to convert the tex to a png and then after working on said png, used textools to convert the png back to a tex?

that problem was solved, thank you! but now as I put in the new faces for the character, the clyde anim file wont come back after I cleared it and recompiled. any ideas?...