Future heating alternatives?

If this topic has been made by others, forgive me for doing a copycat. I don't usually follow the ONI side of the suggestions but during my gameplay(first time playing in three months), my dupes were continually chilly. I tried using the heater but it didn't do much. The people on the unofficial ONI discord weren't really sure either. If the research section can open heating alternatives in the future, that would help a lot to remove chilliness.

They get chilly when they are wet in 20 degrees... Other than that I have not observed them being chilly at room temperature 10-30 degrees. Any water lying on the ground anywhere?

I would like a "Tile" wire. So you could build a heating element to any size you like and different materials decide its max temperature.

Should be like a manufactured alloy in game.

Heat is only problem in early game. And if you really need it, space heaters can warm the place up rather efficiently. Cooling is much greater challenge as the only things where heat is destroyed are wheezeworts and machines that produce 40 C outputs regardless of temperature of their inputs.

9 hours ago, Kasuha said:

Heat is only problem in early game. And if you really need it, space heaters can warm the place up rather efficiently. Cooling is much greater challenge as the only things where heat is destroyed are wheezeworts and machines that produce 40 C outputs regardless of temperature of their inputs.

Heat death is farm more dangerous than having a few dupes being chilly.
A little chill is livable, having everything overheat is far harder to deal with.

Archived