Stress tolerance?

Hello all,

So, in a new game where all my pooled knowledge finally pushed me past cycle 100, have a decent stock of food, oxygen seems secure, nearly zeroed my coal stock but the power crysis was averted and has been nicely balanced, while I prepare some gas cooling to put an end to the problems brought onto me by a steam geyser I had been tapping water from (Reservoir in a ice biome just beside the geyser, started nice, then eventually I was storing 75º water). So, things are going pretty smooth and even stress is kind of under control with one or other Dupe a bit more panicky.

However what I had been dealing with for most of my game were Dupes constantly dropping stuff doing some emote like if they are sick or something (not sure if this is stress related), walking all the way to one place having some panic attack and going to the other side of the base and forgetting the task they were doing. And even now I keep having Dupes waking up (This last cycle, 4 at the same time) in the middle of the night be their stress 2% or 20%, while they're all enjoying their little separate rooms full to the brim with pure oxygen.

Is there any particular reason for this? Is this stress? If so, is it only at absolute 0 that they don't have panic attacks or whatever is happening?

Not only it isn't all that practical to keep their stress at 0 once their level is high enough to demand a constant decor of 50, if even 5% can cause this so frequently it seems a bit absurd how many times a dupe can fail to accomplish a basic delivery task.

What are the emotes you are talking about? Do they look like these?

e3f87582f19368e8c9398548d9aa5725.png

Also, there is a bug in the game now that 'forces' dupes to have the 'interrupted sleep' debuff all the time. You can fix this by simply reloading your safe file every morning, when the dupes leave their cots. But this is rather annoying.

I don't think that stress levels under 60% have any effect on a dupe at all... As long as you keep it under 60% they will act like if they have 0%, but I am not sure about this.

Thanks for the sheet, suppose it helps confirm what I thought was the meaning, but..
So, quite a few of the dupes are getting the "I am sick" expression, though I am unsure what is causing that. Liceloaf based diet , mostly pure oxygen except if I have to push deeper in one side of the base, no actual sicknesses like hypothermia or spores or anything... so what are the most likely causes for that to show up?

And stress has certainly always been below 60, 55% was the very peak during a more careless moment where I just didn't calculate the impact of exposed heavy wiring.

Thought the forced interrupt sleep was something already overcome, so wasn't trying to rely too much on the re-loading the game to correct it since it could have legitimate reasons.

3 hours ago, Komi Neko said:

quite a few of the dupes are getting the "I am sick" expression, though I am unsure what is causing that

I may be wrong but I believe these have contracted some of the diseases (spores?) in the past and the expression stuck to them even after the disease got cured.

Diseases are already known to cause a dupe to become "stuck" to their medical cot or rejuvenator so I wouldn't be surprised if this was another thing they cause.

About interrupted sleep, if you still have outhouse in your base, build lavatories then destroy the old outhouses as if there is some left, dupes will awake during night to go to outhouse, that thing doesnt happens with lavatories

On 2017-6-14 at 0:44 PM, Kasuha said:

I may be wrong but I believe these have contracted some of the diseases (spores?) in the past and the expression stuck to them even after the disease got cured.

Diseases are already known to cause a dupe to become "stuck" to their medical cot or rejuvenator so I wouldn't be surprised if this was another thing they cause.

stuck medical cot dupe 
works like a switch, tap = on, tap again = off.

9 hours ago, Yodarkore said:

About interrupted sleep, if you still have outhouse in your base, build lavatories then destroy the old outhouses as if there is some left, dupes will awake during night to go to outhouse, that thing doesnt happens with lavatories

Is this something Klei plan to fix or is it a "feature"? I like to put outhouses forward in new expansion areas, and my dupes get up, walk past the lav in their room to go use the outhouse in the middle of nowhere and get interrupted sleep debuff because of it.

I *suppose* this is a bug and will be fixed. Dupes will awake during night as long as there is outhouse build, be there lavatories also build.. And when there is no more outhouse, and only lavatories, dupes wont urgently wake up during night for some pooh time..

Archived