DST Autocompiler

• Developer

Hey everyone,

I just pushed an update to the Don't Starve Mod Tools. The only change in this should be that the autocompiler now picks up changes in the Don't Starve Together Beta folder. Now you should no longer need to move your mods to the dont_starve folder to get the autocompiler to work on them.

Please let me know if you see any issues!

edit: Going to pin this post for a week or two so that everyone gets a chance to see it.

It's linked over VS2013 instead of VS2010 like it was before - and also it was built over debug instead of release version, which means it's likely not shipped with regular VC++2013 redist as debug versions are forbidden for redistribution.

Either way, @PeterA, can we please get github update (assuming that your changes have not broken standalone compatibility) so we can fast forward to it? I sincerely hope you did not intend to make it binary only from now on.

Edit: stupid mentions

Edited by DeathDisciple

• Developer

@DeathDisciple, yeah the github will be updated on Monday morning with the changes. It didn't affect standalone, just added DST directories to the autocompiler. I'm surprised it linked to the Debug version, it should have been a release build, either way, I'll verify that it's not linking with the debug libraries.

• Developer

@Electroflux, can you verify your Mod Tools are on build 491207? Also, can you try running the autocompiler from a command line to see what the error is?

Here's the default exe location C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\autocompiler.exe

@Electroflux, can you verify your Mod Tools are on build 491207? Also, can you try running the autocompiler from a command line to see what the error is?

Here's the default exe location C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\autocompiler.exe

The autocompiler should also generate a log at

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Mod Tools\temp\autocompiler_log.txt
It does not include the Python stack backtrace though, if it was a Python error. Edited by simplex

@PeterA

I'm assuming you find the build under the "version" text.

It shows "122828".  I completely re-downloaded the mod tools as well.  I tried that path you listed and put "start" in front of it but it never seems to do anything (maybe I just don't know the command line, should've been that easy, though).

• Developer
I'm assuming you find the build under the "version" text.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I'm referring to the build of the Mod Tools in Steam. Right click on Don't Starve Mod Tools in the Tools library in Steam and click on Properties. Then go to the Local Files tab, and at the bottom it should say "Current content BuildID: 491207". If it is showing a different BuildID, then you'll want to click on Verify Integrity Of Tool Cache..., which shoud force a download of the latest version.

Everything seems fine and dandy but the autocompiler isn't doing anything to my Mod Character's anim folder.

I'm using Extended Sample Character

Edit: Nvm turns out my friend can compile correctly and mine just doesn't. I knew I would regret doing a clean wipe on my computer.

Edited by rons0n

Verify the files, foxface. It solved the problem for me and my friend. Assuming oyu have it from Steam, open the 'tools' section of your steam library, right click the dont starve mod tools, select properties, swap to the local files tab, and then click the button that says 'verify integrity of tool cache'