[Client Crash] - Join server, immediate Warning Screen

The Letter W

Bug Submission:

Category: Client Crash

Issue Title: Join server, immediate Warning Screen

Issue Description: I'm not entirely sure what's going on. I can host a server, but when my friends who were just playing with me yesterday try to join, they get the same error. When I tried to join one of their servers I got this error.

However, I can still hear the world going on around behind the screen, and using WASD and Spacebar will still allow me to interact with the world. Any character speech will show up before this screen, as seen in the attached file.

This will go on for maybe a minute before the server disconnects me and the game locks up and crashes.

Steps to Reproduce: Either host server and ask people to join and see if they get the error, or run game and try to join one.

Or don't attach the file, that works too. Either way, the screenshot is here. 

Were the players trying to join in possession of the eyebone? Lux and I encountered the same bug and managed to replicate it by picking up the eyebone and rejoining.

Edit: nevermind, it's apparently almost every single time you rejoin the server, regardless of circumstances. I managed to rejoin a server myself reliably, but other server's I'm crashing on...

I beleive this is an error with backpacks. We were able to reproduce this every time when a non-host player logged off and rejoined with a backpack equipped.

That's not it. I have joined and rejoined 1 server with Wilson and i didn't have nothing in my inventory (or a backpack) but it still crashed on rejoin.

I beleive this is an error with backpacks. We were able to reproduce this every time when a non-host player logged off and rejoined with a backpack equipped.

I was getting this error with servers I'd never been in before, ones that we had started specifically to test this, so I don't think that's the issue. 

Archived