A balanced diet

Given that a number of players have complained that you can survive too easily on certain sources of food (eg meatballs, honey ham and jerky) I dont see why not. And it would be easy enough to communicate, the character simply announces 'Im tired of eating <blank>' when they reach the theshold.

I don't think dieting is really necessary...it's just another level of nitpicking.  And how do you tell if you've eaten too much?

Oh, there are some subtle indicators as seen below:

Monthy_Pythons_The_Meaning_of_Life_MrCre

Damn you all for not letting me link a video.

I'd like to support this idea. It is sad that there are so many interesting meals, but only a few are really used.

I think it doesn't need to be "hardcore", just a little thing to make you change your habits.

For example, if you eat the same meal a few times, it could loose one quarter of all it's positive properties. If you keep eating it, this could even come down to an half. This effect would disappear after, I think, two days without eating the meal.

I don't think meat balls and honeyed ham will be so great with only half their properties, and it will be worth eating ratatouille for a few days.

This would also make a bit more difficult surviving in the wild, the early days, with only strawberries.

Why would it be impossible ? Too difficult, you mean ?

I think it would be easier to survive with diminished food than with no food at all.

I mean, if after 3,4 same food you get /2 of it's properties, you will only get 6.25 hunger of the berries....You can't survive if you have only that...we wil say: 4 same food and 4 days to berry bush to regrow (and 15 bushes to begin)

Each day begin at the first segment.

Day one:You begin the day one with 150 hunger andpick the bushes to make them grow

Day two : You have 75 hunger so you eat 8 roasted berries( 4*12.5+4*6.25)...Berries take time to regrow...

Day three: You have again 75 hunger so you need 12 berries to full your belly...but you have only 7....what's the tricky mind? Don't eat for now.

Day four : Hunger loss removed but you lost little health from being 0 hunger. You eat the seven berries to get to 68.75 without berries left.

Day five : berries have regrow but you have get 12.5% of the last day at 0 hunger...and you can go to the day one but with 0 hunger...that means you need a lot more of berry bushes to survive at least 5 days...No

What i mean is that if you have only one source of food(caves, adventure or beginning)...Then you are easily screwed...

But my argue is the Hunger cap thing : You can't eat it if you have hunger at max... :

1. That make sense

2. That don't allow mass healing food

3. That require to store less food or being very good at saving food

4. That makes you think before eat anything at your range...(if you'll need later to heal or something)

edit: and i even forget the quarter loose part 

Ok, I see. :)

The hunger cap you suggest would only prevent 'healing by eating a lot'. It's a good idea, I think it needs to be done.

But I was trying to prevent players from eating always the same kind of food. Maybe it could apply only on meals prepared in the crock pot (because these are the ones we tend to abuse). Maybe my numbers were wrong, I can agree to that. Maybe it would need to be adjusted.

But I think we need an 'bonus' for changing our eating habits, so we are forced to experiment the diversity of the crock pot.

How many different ways are there to make meat balls?

How about instead of having so many ways to create meat balls, we actually rewarded players for having a verity of foods by creating new dishes/recipes out of the ingredients we already have!?

Instead of being able to make "Meat Balls" with 4 meat morsels, it makes a thin stew, or a hearty chilly or something that helps hunger slightly better or even the same as 4 meat morsels cooked alone.

Then, if the player does 3 meats and a veggie they get a bit more health benefits, as well as the hunger benefits, but not much in the way of sanity.

If the player does 3 meats and a fruit they get something (you pick the names) that helps with hunger and sanity but not as much with health.

If the player does 2 meats, 1 fruit, and 1 veggie they get lots of hunger filled, a little sanity, and a little health.

If the player does 1 meat, 2 fruits, 1 veggie, they get a decent amount of hunger filled, a decent amount of sanity filled, and a little bit of health filled.

If the player does 1 meat, 1 fruit, 2 veggies, they get hunger, sanity, and a bit more in the way of health.

Make it so the recopies have some benefit greater then the sum of its parts, but a player living off of nothing but rabbits, even if they have a crock pot is going to go insane!

While a player living off of only fruits may have a high sanity but is going to be hunger and health problems (this isn't reality, its a game)...

... And a player who has lots of veggies is going to be able to replace health best, but again will have sanity and hunger problems.

OR something like that.

Or rework the cooking mechanism!

If you put ingredients, you get bonuses(hunger, health and sanity) in variation with types of food(like : 1 meat, 1 monster meat and 2 honey gives : meat(12.5 hunger, 0.5 health and 2 sanity)+monster meat(12.5 hunger, -5 health and -10 sanity) + honey*2(2 hunger, 3 health and 3 sanity)=29 hunger, 1.5 health and -2 sanity

But if you make very specific(like 2 drumsticks, 1 berries and 1 morsel=turkey dinner)food, it will make the crock pot food...

Well, I know there are Kabobs, fish sticks, and the like... but 1 meat morsel and thee carrots making the same thing as a meat morsel and three berries... or a meat morsel and a carrot and 2 berries... I mean, the problem isn't a verity in ingredients there, its that they all come out the same thing.

Still, sanity is a slippery slope that can be really hard to climb in some worlds right now even.

Archived