One screen? That sounds bad for Don't starve.

I agree. I don't see the point of playing multiplayer at all if 4 players are restricted to the same screen. Besides collecting the ressources in the screen faster, it would be a pain to play, e.g. during fights when people are moving around to kite something, it would make it really hard to be efficient if not all 4 players move in the same general direction (one player getting stuck between screen edge and mob)

I'm assuming screen wise it will essentially work like in single player, except you have the option to follow the person if you want to. Sometimes it would be a good idea to split up and gather separate resources to help the group as a whole, and if everyone is stuck on one screen, then things become problematic.

Am I the only one who interpreted this to mean split screen? Im pretty sure he means 2-4 players split screen on one TV. Not all being restricted in one area.

I was thinking the same thing, I guess it would be pretty cool if you play DS on the PS4 and don't have Playstation Plus. At least you could get help from friends in this case. 

Am I the only one who interpreted this to mean split screen? Im pretty sure he means 2-4 players split screen on one TV. Not all being restricted in one area.

I automatically thought this too. Although if you don't have a large monitor or access to a T.V screen playing 4 player co-op would be sore on the eyes. I guess it could work though.

Back when I was a kid we would all sit around a square box gawking at 4 smallish screens for hours. Oh them we're the days playing games like Golden Eye and X-treme G on the N64.

Dynamic split-screen? When players are close together its one big screen, but when they are further apart it separates. If there are four players in the game and two of them are close together they share one small screen (so there is one bigger and two smaller screens etc.) You can find that sort of local coop in the Lego Indiana Jones series.

I automatically thought this too. Although if you don't have a large monitor or access to a T.V screen playing 4 player co-op would be sore on the eyes. I guess it could work though.

Back when I was a kid we would all sit around a square box gawking at 4 smallish screens for hours. Oh them we're the days playing games like Golden Eye and X-treme G on the N64.

I did too. I have no good nostalgia for 4 tiny screens (just the actual friends being together part).

Archived