Jumping into Ponds to Cool Down During Summer

It would be a simple animation of the character jumping into the pond, and then climbing back out (no hanging out in the water or control over your character while in the pond; that would get complicated to implement). This action would completely fill your wetness meter and soak all of your items, which would result in a significant loss of sanity. Also, you wouldn't be able to exploit the mechanic by drying off quickly near a fire because that would heat you back up again. I understand it could easily be overpowered, but if it were balanced well to be a significant detriment (equivalent to eating monster meat when you're starving), I think it could be a cool (*snickers*) addition to the game.

Your thoughts?

It would be a simple animation of the character jumping into the pond, and then climbing back out

They would have to do it for all the characters (that'll be at least 12, counting the potential 3 new ones).  That's actually a lot of work in and of itself.  It'd be easier if they just made a bucket you can fill with water, and then use on yourself.

We have a wormhole jump animation. This is the same

Ya, forgot about that.  Still the climbing out unless they wanted to just have you wake up from darkness like the wormhole.  Or is the touchstone animation kind of a 'popping out' animation?  Still, bucket of water could also be used ot put out fires.

Making the animation on a gray sample then putting the character skins on it is not a hard work for skilled programmers i think.I think its a good idea..or maybe it would be enough that your char kneels down and putting his head/face into the pond for some refreshment..it wouldn't give you so much wetness afterall.  I was also thinked about putting the hot heatstone on frozen ponds to get out sleeping fishes for some meat

Edit: forgot to read the bucket-o-water idea. I think its also very good and manageable. making it refillable,and you might be able to cool it down with some ice. It should have 4-5 uses if its full or something,and you can put it into the fridge to cool it down. warmer bucket-o-water should give you 3/4 refreshment or something like that.

It would be a simple animation of the character jumping into the pond, and then climbing back out (no hanging out in the water or control over your character while in the pond; that would get complicated to implement). This action would completely fill your wetness meter and soak all of your items, which would result in a significant loss of sanity. Also, you wouldn't be able to exploit the mechanic by drying off quickly near a fire because that would heat you back up again. I understand it could easily be overpowered, but if it were balanced well to be a significant detriment (equivalent to eating monster meat when you're starving), I think it could be a cool (*snickers*) addition to the game.

Your thoughts

the fish is going to bite you, and you will get sick because ponds aren't naturally pure water "ow hey look at that bacteria, if that is then it is all ove..." 'runs away screaming'

Archived