[guide] Math... thingie

Yo peps :-) After lurking forever (1 post... so far. I'm allergic to typing OK) I wanted to say hi, introduce myself, and write some sort of guide in the form of math. Cuz, who doesn't love math? :/

4 monster meat + 1 stick + pig = ham bat = pwn

Since flint is now renewable, and nobody ever made hambat, they've increased the power of hambat above tentacle spike (59 damage, vs 51 for tentacle spike). And It's renewable! (And OP! Shhhh. It's our sekret. I don't want it nerfed, ok). Just find an unsuspecting porcine friend, feed him all 4 monster meat, put on your armor if you want, and don't be a chicken. A single werepig is really easy to kite.

If not obvious from Ortorin's very helpful post+gif, here's my version of explanation:

- feed pig 4 monster meat

- hit whilst transforming

- run at least half a berry bush wide (to get out of the attack range)

- STOP

- wait till werepig raise hands

- move out of the attack range again, then immediately press and hold F (your character will automatically run to the hairy pig and attack)

- hit twice

- run a bit, stop moving, and repeat

- use acquired hambat to pwn other factory made werepigs and make moar hambat making supplies.

(Just in case you don't know, hambat is made with 2 meat, a pig skin and a stick, just the right amount of drops from a werepig)

If you live near a pig village with at least 4 safe pig houses (so at least there'll always be 1 pig even if you kill one a day, since it takes them 4 days to respawn) you won't ever run out of a powerful weapon (and good food! and helmets! and uh... umbrella :/) as long as you have enough monster meat. And with the hambat, it's easy to hunt spiders (2 hits). Un-viscious cycle of not starving :]

So in the end I ended up protecting the pigs from spiders instead of the other way round, just so I can massacre my loyal servants...

If scared -> 5 monster meat + 1 stick + 2 pigs = hambat

Feed 1 pig 1 monster meat, feed the other 4 monster meat. Stay nearby so the werepig target you. Run. Watch your loyal friend and his friends defend you.

1 carrot + rabbit village = loads of meat, carrots and bunny butt (+carnage...)
Befriend a bunny. click attack on another bunny but DON'T attack. Watch the bunnies kill each other. Collect meat when they're all dead, or when the survivor goes back to their hut. Be careful, the one bucktoothed guy you befriended won't go to his hut...

(this is REALLY effective, and I don't understand why. With pigs, your pig friend will die because everyone just gang up on him, but with bunnies doing this just start a bunny war without killing your bunny friend. So you can just repeat forever using only a single carrot till the entire village bar your friend to be decimated. And since bunnies respawn after a day, you don't ever need to worry about food in caves, if you're careful...)

Ok well... I know why it's effective. With pigs, the horde will attack the attacker (ie your pigfriend), but bunny horde attack the attackee (the unfortunate guy you click attack on) so your friend will survive for your to go pick on somebunny your own siz... bigger than you.

1 morsel + pig in a village= either food, or a pig race :razz:

Same as above. BUT you can wait forever because pigs kite and somehow you may end up just watching pigs running together towards sunset. You'd get better result if you befriend a bunch of pigs and attack one of your befriended guy (he won't run, and by the time he tried to kite, he'd be surrounded)

1 fist + flower field = free food and healing (credit to TeoSS69 as far as I'm aware, I first read it on his post :razz:)
go punch butterflies and eat em. Seriously. It's free food and healing! The trick is not to try and click the butterfly with your mouse (and invent creative swear words in the process) but to use the F (and control? whatever button it is to 'force attack') whilst the butterfly is either near you or just floating in circles admiring flowers not knowing their impending doom. Don't worry about Krampus. I don't think you can punch enough butterfly in a day to get a visit from him ( I think... I never did punch butterfly for the whole day. I got bored...).

I usually punch butterflies along the way as I go about my nomadic ways, so I don't waste time dedicating my life to punching innocent things. (Hey, I'm no bully! I have some humanity (or robotic?) left even in this brutal game! "Yeah right" says the exploited pig-slaves.)

1 bug net + near beehives and flowers = sanity (again, TeoSS69)
Go get yourself 6 butterflies (alive, don't punch them) and 4 bees. Plant flowers near base, release bees, run. Them *** (homeless flying object) will pollinate your flowers and multiply them. Magic :grin:
You CAN still make beehives nearby, the homeless bees still pollinate (tested by me) but you may confuse the bees when you're trying to catch some for beemines. The bees from the box won't multiply your flowers, so if you catch all your homeless bees by mistake, well no moar flowers for you.

Over time, catch and release more bees, and you'll have even more flowers! Be at most a screen away from the dark petals, and you too can have an accidental dark petal farm.

Plus if the hounds attack your bees, you don't even need panic room/beefalos/pigs. Your cuddly bumblebees will protect you. Please help them a bit and fight the hounds (who don't target you anyway). Sharing is caring, right?

4 monster meats + crock pot + bird in a cage = meatballs

Hungry? No berries around because those turkeys have a reverse thanksgiving on you? Spiders invade your base? Pigs ate all your food? Despair and enjoy starving!!! not. Make lemon into lemonade!

If you only have monster meats, instead of eating 4 cooked monster meats or changing them all into eggs and eating cooked eggs, make meatballs. Cook 3 monster meats, give to bird, put 1 monster meat and 3 eggs in crockpot. Tadaa, lemonade :grin:

ONE frog pond = food forever (well, in summer anyways)

If you're lucky enough to find a lone frog pond in a good neighbourhood (beefalos, pigs etc) you can just kite the frog, and you have a much better small meat source than a bunny hole. Only one or two frogs will spawn each time, they should be perfectly kite-able, as opposed to the horde if you try attack a frog near a bunch of ponds). Again, refer to Ortorin's amazing guide. And they will respawn all day by the time you defeat one! Use them in crock pot recipes, or my favourite: small jerky.

Small jerky is underrated. It takes only a day to make (vs 2 for jerky), and 2 small jerkies ies? really? but 'jerkys' looked wrong, and will expose the english phony that I am! Uh sorry I digress... will give better sanity boost than a jerky (2x10 vs 15). Better than using taffy IMO. Perfectly pack lunch-able for travels and even spelunking, because rabbit hutch isn't everywhere (just avoid them) and you can put the jerky in chester and maintain your fake innocence within a rabbit village. (Murderer!)

Plus if you also have a spider den nearby (bacon and eggs goodness, credit to aredshroom), you'll end up with a ton of silk for fishing at night, when you're bored.

Hokay... I still have more that I want to write, but I hate IRL winter (slightly less than DS winter) and my fingers are freezing, so I'm reverting back to lurking till next time.

Oh yeah. Forgot to say hi. Hi :grin: Uh. I don't know what interesting thing I can say about myself. I... uh... drew my icon? Ciao!

feel free to add your own 'equations'

Edit: spelling and such

Hungry? No berries around because those turkeys have a reverse thanksgiving on you? Spiders invade your base? Make lemon into lemonade!

Instead of eating 4 cooked monster meats or changing them into eggs and eating cooked eggs, make meatballs. Cook 3 monster meats, give to bird, put 1 monster meat and 3 eggs in crockpot. Tadaa, lemonade :grin:

Try 2 eggs + 1 monster meat + 1 other meat (morsel, normal meat, frog legs, fish) = Bacon and Eggs. :-)

That's way better than the basic meatballs, especially if you have a bird to convert monster meat into eggs. Also welcome to the forums!

Oh really?

I always have trouble with bacon and eggs.

Yup. >1 egg, >1 meat, no veggies. So 2 eggs with at least one big meat with other meats will do it. :) If having trouble finding big meat, it can be tweaked to

2 eggs + 1 monster meat + 1 fish/rabbit morsel.

Thanks for the welcome guys :D It's warm in here. IRL winter just got better.

Try 2 eggs + 1 monster meat + 1 other meat (morsel, normal meat, frog legs, fish) = Bacon and Eggs. :-)

That's way better than the basic meatballs, especially if you have a bird to convert monster meat into eggs. Also welcome to the forums!

Ah yes. I love me some bacons and eggs. And your way is the most efficient way of getting it :)
Or live near some tallbirds, steal their eggs, and use 2 monster meat and a twig in the recipe (saved 1 monster meat). but meh, I don't know if the eggs respawn fast enough, never tried living close to them because the neighbourhood is always so barren :/

I didn't mention it because (I forgot...) I was trying to tell people to not despair if all they have is monster meat. I was watching an LP and the guy never pick up any monster meat. I was shouting at my screen: It's FOOD!

So basically we just need to live near a frog pond/rabbot hole, and we have a decent long lasting food :D

Welcome to the forums! Thanks for consolidating all those tips!

To quote one of my favorite shows:

And to clear up...

Hungry? No berries around because those turkeys have a reverse thanksgiving on you? Spiders invade your base? Pigs ate all your food? Make lemon into lemonade!
If you only have monster meats, instead of eating 4 cooked monster meats or changing them into eggs and eating cooked eggs, make meatballs. Cook 3 monster meats, give to bird, put 1 monster meat and 3 eggs in crockpot. Tadaa, lemonade  :grin:

Or live near some tallbirds, steal their eggs, and use 2 monster meat and a twig in the recipe (saved 1 monster meat). but meh, I don't know if the eggs respawn fast enough, never tried living close to them because the neighbourhood is always so barren :/

It's 1.5 total meat, 2 eggs (or 1 tallbird egg instead) and no veggies. (Veggies will make pierogi instead)

Edit: Do NOT use twigs, as that makes Kabobs. (However, putting more than 1 Monster Meat may result in Monster Lasagna, unless Twigs are added with a Tallbird egg. It will lay another one after 17.5 game hours, and if killed, the Tallbird will respawn in 2.5 days. 1.5 meats, a Tallbird Egg and twig also works in this one other exception. )

If swimming in monster meat, cook two (or use monster jerky) and feed it to the bird, using a third for your 1 meat.
Of course you can't use a second monster meat (without the lasagna result edit: or use twigs if you have the higher value ingredients,) but you may use anything else that is 1/2 a meat including: morsels from rabbits/birds/spurmonkeys/young beefalo, frog legs, Gobbler drumsticks or anything that can make small jerky (if "jerkified" this then includes fish, eel, and  batalisk wings, but ONLY if dried as it previously does NOT count as meat/will go in the crockpot previously.) Edit: of course you could use a whole meat, for the 1/2 amount, but it isn't as cost efficient. 

While 10 health fewer than Honey Ham,  it still heals the same hunger and sanity (and it's very easy to make without having to worry about 2 monster meat monster lasagna cooking.) and B&E lasts 5 days longer (ideal for traveling if you're not doing the 2 small jerky thing mentioned in previous replies which has the identical spoil rate and each small jerky heals 5 more sanity of course.) 

Meatballs-for the record-heal 3, give 62.5 hunger, give 5 sanity, and last 5 days. 

My number work is now done...

Again, great to see you here out and about Purple Goldfish! Look forward to more posts whatever they may be. 

Edit: Ninjaed by your reply but it's all good!

Here's a better way to get a Ham Bat.

Meat (whatever type) + Beefalo + Full Moon = Ham Bat + Weakened Beefalo

Also :

Tallfort + Lureplant = 12-20 Tallbird eggs every 2 days.

Steal a Tallbirds egg. Let it follow you to Eyeplants. Watch it get stunlocked by them. Enjoy free egg.

I should really report all those exploits. Hmmm

Since flint is now renewable, and nobody ever made hambat, they've increased the power of hambat above tentacle spike (59 damage, vs 51 for tentacle spike). And It's renewable! (And OP! Shhhh. It's our sekret.

...I've got my eyes on you.

8 of them

If scared -> 5 monster meat + 1 stick + 2 pigs = hambat

Feed 1 pig 1 monster meat, feed the other 4 monster meat. Stay nearby so the werepig target you. Run. Watch your loyal friend and his friends defend you.

Er, wouldn't the pigs eat the spoils themselves? Forgive me if I'm wrong, I haven't actually tried it. Well, not recently, anyway

Oh yeah. Forgot to say hi. Hi :grin: Uh. I don't know what interesting thing I can say about myself. I... uh... drew my icon? Ciao!

The obvious question is if you're considering drawing DS stuff too? Because it looks nice?

Here's a better way to get a Ham Bat.

Meat (whatever type) + Beefalo + Full Moon = Ham Bat + Weakened Beefalo

Also :

Tallfort + Lureplant = 12-20 Tallbird eggs every 2 days.

Steal a Tallbirds egg. Let it follow you to Eyeplants. Watch it get stunlocked by them. Enjoy free egg.

I should really report all those exploits. Hmmm

Ha!  Wolfgang is puny.

I'd say ham bats need a nerf...

truth be told I'd have to agree, it should do a little less damage than the T-spike... say 45 in comparison to the T-spikes 51 (If i remember correctly)

that'd make the renewable weapon better than the spear and more expensive.

weaker than the T-Spike but it has infinite hits till it rots

I'd say that sounds fine at least

truth be told I'd have to agree, it should do a little less damage than the T-spike... say 45 in comparison to the T-spikes 51 (If i remember correctly)

that'd make the renewable weapon better than the spear and more expensive.

weaker than the T-Spike but it has infinite hits till it rots

I'd say that sounds fine at least

Ooooor the damage could scale down as it perishes.

Archived