Unreachable food; full reachable fridge

ashley_c4
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Steam Fixed

Using the Tubular Preview on Windows 10

I started experimenting with a system whereby my farm has a single dedicated farmer. The Pneumatic Doors beneath the insulated border all have access control to only allow one dupe inside to do the harvesting, and he will also take the food to the fridge. Works a treat. But nobody seems to want to take food from the fridge. I had another full fridge next to my bio-printer with the same issue, so I emptied it and everybody came rushing. That's when I decided to build my mess hall. Everybody has all their consumables checked, there are no access restrictions or any other reasons why the fridges are inaccessible, I can only guess that because only one dupe can put food in the fridge, only he can take food out.

The problem went away, though, when I closed and reopened the game. Everybody came rushing immediately to the mess hall. It was an exciting time.

Another related issue: In the Jobs dialog, there's a column for Harvesting, with associated skill Farming. Everybody's Farming skill is at 0 and never changes regardless of how much harvesting they do. I don't want my dedicated farmer to always be this as slow as he is...

20171214171457_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Build a farming room Set access on doors to farming room to allow only one dupe to pass Set that dupe's Jobs to only Harvesting, Sweeping, and Delivering Build a fridge outside the farm Wait for food to be stored and ignored Restart game for stored food to be recognised

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Confirmed bug fixed by devs dupes are pathing through the unlocked door even though they don't have permission to pass it.

was first noticed by people trying to put a timer on a room with an "exit only" door like your "one dupe only" door and resulted in similar error, as for them not eating, cook the food and only give them permission to eat cooked food, all "available" food will then by default be outside your garden...

Share this comment

The path cost for a dupe's nearest food source is also poisoned by other dupe's updating the path cost when they update it as well.
So the nearest food source for one dupe could very likely be the closest food source for another dupe instead,
forcing them to run to the far side of the colony to grab that food.

Share this comment

I have no idea what is causing this bug but it happens often in my game as well.
Problem is it is not easy to reproduce and save+load would fix it so it is hard to report. I made at least some video.

In first video Max is idle, not cooking and not delivering mushrooms from fridge to grill.
At this moment only he has access to those fridges and to grill but still he is not moving mushrooms from fridge to grill.
https://youtu.be/1sT4vtyd7_g

In second video (next cycle) I gave access to everyone to that area and still no one was delivering mushrooms to grill. I tried to set fridge priority to 1 and other fridge priority to 9 but no one was picking those mushrooms from prio 1 fridge. Like if content of that fridge was somehow locked or inaccessible...
https://youtu.be/AVKKiL5jNLs

Only fix I could do (other then save+load) was to drop fridge content on the ground.

Share this comment

29 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Could you please upload your save file?

Save file attached. I've also attached a screenshot at the moment of saving, because I expect when you load it, everybody will rush in to the mess hall. If you let it run for awhile, people will start to starve.

Rat's Nest Cycle 34 - Fridge bug.sav

20171215041936_1.jpg

I've managed to somewhat circumvent the issue by allowing everyone full access to the farms, but only given my dedicated farmers the ability to Harvest. By allowing them to Deliver as well, sometimes they want to deliver things outside their area, so I had to make another door above the mess hall that kept them inside. It's not ideal, but it's manageable.

Share this comment

The real problem is dupes pathing through doors with unusual permissions, need to set some sort of automation lock (timer?button) on a door in addition to the permissions door, this should fix your problem. that is to say that you need 2 doors to perform 1 function

Edited by Kabrute

Share this comment