Stress Over reaction to eating

Gooblender
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Slightly strange stress behaviour appears to be happening following the latest patch, my dupes are all at 0% stress on loading the save and they go to eat and suddenly they reach 100% stress (Ren and Abe particularly). This is momentarily followed by Ren vomiting himself to death. He appears to be suffocating while doing this when there is plenty of air.  

The Antigravity Space Hut.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Load save, watch things go south quickly on fast speed.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I'm having the same behavior in my game today. Only thing I can guess is it might be intended behavior. Does the dupe have an increased food expectation?

I just lost a Mi-Ma after she ate mealworm then proceeded to stress vomit to death due to -1 food quality and +2 food expectation. Seems the stress reaction to food might have been changed imo.

Edit: Was incorrect in initial report. The food expectation was +2 when I ran into problems not +1

Edited by Griver84

Share this comment

I am also having this behavior.  when i loaded the game with the new update, the colony starts the day with low stress, less than 10%.   Mae goes to eat a meal worm.  midway through the eating process she drops it and starts the vomit cycle which never stops.  stress from vomiting, wet feet and being more and more hungry, it all compounds until she starves.  seems like the stress caused by food got unbalanced.

snapshot-5.png

Share this comment

43 minutes ago, Technoincubus said:

Yeah, current build is unplayable. Permanent stress reactions is killing the colony almost instantly

I started a new colony to see if its something related to loading a save...

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, DaveSatx said:

I started a new colony to see if its something related to loading a save...

My comment was in regards to a fresh colony. So I don't believe it's an issue/change relating to old save files.

Share this comment

35 minutes ago, Griver84 said:

My comment was in regards to a fresh colony. So I don't believe it's an issue/change relating to old save files.

Doh!

edit:  I had to build a massage table/room on cycle 7... my researcher was going nuts.   +150% stress per cycle because of a 1 food level discrepancy.  i fed him -1 and he wanted 0.  I feel that the stress malus should scale by the difference, not be all of nothing!

Edited by DaveSatx

Share this comment

Well... there is a workaround this major game breaking bug... but it requires a game breaking exploit. Use the egg cracker to loop and crack a type of egg (like regular hatchling eggs). Once it states that there are no eggs available anymore, click "empty storage" and all the eggs will re-spawn. This happens because the item inside the egg cracker (and the Rock granulator...) does not get consumed upon use. So you can stack up quality food for your dupes.
Again, this is game breaking exploit, but if you want to work around this game breaking bug, that's what I propose.

Share this comment

40 minutes ago, Deustodo said:

Well... there is a workaround this major game breaking bug... but it requires a game breaking exploit. Use the egg cracker to loop and crack a type of egg (like regular hatchling eggs). Once it states that there are no eggs available anymore, click "empty storage" and all the eggs will re-spawn. This happens because the item inside the egg cracker (and the Rock granulator...) does not get consumed upon use. So you can stack up quality food for your dupes.
Again, this is game breaking exploit, but if you want to work around this game breaking bug, that's what I propose.

Just confirmed this was true on my stream. I'll hopefully make a highlight of it later so that the devs can see it in action if they so desire. Not sure if you have made a separate bug thread about this yet but you probably should.

Edit: It doesn't appear to change the incubation % when abusing this trick either. I have an egg that appeared out of the egg cracker storage at 95% incubation! :o

Edited by Griver84

Share this comment

the egg storage thing is marked fixed in the next update...

I went back to my older save and looked at Mae's learning skill on the other panels.. its 60.  perhaps that is causing the unrealistic expectations?   and along with her skill level, the updated expectation isn't being expressed on her preview panel.. 

my new game is going ok, i'm having to monitor stress much more closely than I used to but i'm only on cycle 56 13 (got confused which save I was in, lol)

Edited by DaveSatx

Share this comment