Plant in Hydroponic farm complains about lack of irrigation even though the pipe does have it

llunak
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Linux Pending

In the attached save, pincha pepperplants complain about irrigation, even though it is there in the pipe leading to it. Removing the hydroponic farm and creating a new one fixes the problem (the one to the left from the cursor in the picture complained before this too). And I am reasonably sure only polluted water has entered that pipe (but even if, I do not see anything else than polluted water reported anywhere).

Screenshot_20180212_085825.thumb.png.e543262301965ddbb9d063ff7b028ecb.png

bug - plant no irrigation incorr.sav

Steps to Reproduce
See the attached save. I don't know how the situation occurred.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Having same problem, nothing wrong in pipes nor farm.

image.thumb.png.bb311248ca7b492d723c74006557c2a3.png

Whole row was built in latest update, older farms works flawlessly.

Edited by ParanoikCZE

Share this comment

4 hours ago, Kabrute said:

click the farm tile itself then click empty contents bet its got clean water in it :)

Yes, that's it. However, in that case the bug is that this is rather confusing. The mouse-over tooltip only says "irrigation" in red, and the plant has "irrigation" checkbox in requirements red, for which the tooltip says "6.6g of liquid is currently available".

Share this comment

Don't branch the pipes. Every time you branch a pipe it splits the delivery speed by 50%. Use a continuois snake formation through all the tiles.

Share this comment

On 12. 2. 2018 at 6:01 PM, The_Yok said:

Don't branch the pipes. Every time you branch a pipe it splits the delivery speed by 50%. Use a continuois snake formation through all the tiles.

I can't say it's the cause .. let's see my images .. I have three rows of hydrofarms, below line was added as last and works without any issues for several cycles.

Top two are broken. Every time I'll add hydrofarm on second spot, it got broken. If I remove it, whole line works ok.

image.thumb.png.29cbde6a51cee5de07297efabf7d89b5.png

image.thumb.png.899ab416ab267884a0bf99428d9e9c8d.png

Share this comment

image.thumb.png.2506bb1ab0bdc2846548c255cd0a48d1.png
image.thumb.png.ce02a2bd6baff82c67535443c4a5d28d.png

This should put enough liquid on your sleet wheat to take care of your problem, you end up running out of water because as is you are barely supplying enough to irrigate the farms.  You found your current tipping point in those 2 plants, and yes pipe branching is your problem, sorry to say

As for the OP I have this reference for the admin to look into..... waterseed, you know what I'm talking about, would WaterSeed interfere with DirtyWater?

Edited by Kabrute

Share this comment

Thanks for showing me this up. Understand .. my base sucks at many levels, but it's my first game and now it's about refactoring it from scratch or simply starting from the beginning. Well, I've chose to continue and live in hell ;)

However, I think pipe branching works different way in last patch, didn't it? Or I didn't noticed? Still, it doesn't work as expected from my POV. As if you are merging two pipes together, it's common that content get mixed and total capacity is above max, both pipes get blocked. However, splitting works more like switch. It pumps 100% to single or another one. If selected output is blocked, source is blocked and second output gets nothing.

I would rather expect behaviour in way that it select all possible ways from crossing, so 50%/33% (2 or 3 outputs) and if any way get's blocked, rest of gas/liquid go proper way.

Using bridges to solve this issue seems more like using glitch to solve game poorly designed feature (or most probably not so good optimalization).

Share this comment

How it currently seems to work is that the building will attempt to pull a fluid packet from the pipe, if it fails to find a packet it'll complain it has no irrigation and how it rechecks for a packet can be quite random...

a cheap fix is just to do this 

image.thumb.png.36bf61c5f32a4f5656117cdf7f0c87f9.png

generally I'll advice to make your piping branch more to insure water is delivered to everything in a much more even matter 

Edited by Hanro50

Share this comment

On 14. 2. 2018 at 10:04 AM, Kabrute said:

As for the OP I have this reference for the admin to look into..... waterseed, you know what I'm talking about, would WaterSeed interfere with DirtyWater?

Sorry, I do not understand what you mean.

Share this comment

I just witnessed this bug happen.   Check my save.  Only some of the berry plants on the top row stop getting water when they were getting water before.  I'm able to work around the bug and get them water by branching individually to each plant.  Before that I tried a few different things and ended up deconstructing everything and starting over with the same results.

irrigationbug.jpg

The Transdimensional Crashpad - Copy.sav

Share this comment

I have the same issue and I don't see why we should run individual pipes into each hydroponic tile... The bug is random, some water gets through certain tiles. Even more bizarre is when I branched just before the hydroponic farm the water stopped going there...

Share this comment