Lumber stacks to 100t and then gets destroyed

SchlauFuchs
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

I am using a conveyor chute to drop Lumber near the burners. Below the chute the Lumber piled up to 100t but then additional Lumber seems to be destroyed.

Steps to Reproduce
see above.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I believe this is pretty universal for most materials, and people often use it for destroying regolith and igneous rock from Volcanoes

Share this comment

7 hours ago, Lupbert said:

I believe this is pretty universal for most materials, and people often use it for destroying regolith and igneous rock from Volcanoes

This is not accurate, most materials pile up to 25 tons, then split into a new stack.

Stacking and deleting used to be a thing for all materials many versions ago, but the 25 ton stack limit/splitting was added, but apparently lumber was overlooked.

I haven't yet acquired enough lumber to make a 100 ton stack, but it definitely stacks WELL above 25 tons.

Share this comment

Same seems to be happening with molten gold I am dripping into water to cool it. Stacks up to 100t, then additional Gold gets destroyed. 

Share this comment

Tried dropping liquid gold into water (in small chunks so it doesn't become a tile), and there's definitely more than 100t on this tile.

This is sandbox so it might be different.

image.thumb.png.d512bae71ff1cc17003942274a8885f9.png

Does this mean quantum stockpiles might destroy material?

EDIT: Seems like sedimentary rock stacks to more. Now using an auto dispenser rather than sandbox spawner.

Untitled.png

Edited by Soul-Burn

Share this comment

23 hours ago, Lupbert said:

Nop, most materials pile up to 25t, then start a new pile. There's only few like lumber which are pilling up to 100t.

This bug exists since many months, it has already been reported, I also tried to ping Klei many times about it, but it still unsolved. And it already destroyed so much lumber on my actual game as I'm storing using piles only... That's freaking annoying.

It involves all materials that are pilling up to 100t.

Edited by OxCD

Share this comment

Temporary Solution:

For those having issues with the 100 ton stacking bug, a workaround for now is to use a pressure plate that will disable whatever drop-off system you use for stacking the lumber.

One example I used this in is a pressure plate just next to my wood burners, with a conveyer rail shutoff that is disabled when the stack reaches 99 tons, shunting the rail line to the next drop-off chute along the line.

Not an elegant solution, or a fix for the actual bug, but it could help stop material loss.

Share this comment

I have a suspicion that this problem can affect all non-elemental entities, such as reed fibers, lily flowers, crab shells, all food, all plant seeds. Just in the case of wood, this problem manifests itself more clearly due to the high mass of the crop.

I will be very happy if Klei fix it.
But just in case, I made this mod.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

20 hours ago, Sanchozz said:

I have a suspicion that this problem can affect all non-elemental entities, such as reed fibers, lily flowers, crab shells, all food, all plant seeds. Just in the case of wood, this problem manifests itself more clearly due to the high mass of the crop.

I will be very happy if Klei fix it.
But just in case, I made this mod.

It's affecting indeed also reed fiber, lily flower, etc... it's pointed out into the previous bug reports I've quoted above.

Share this comment

On 20/11/2019 at 8:05 PM, fatheroctopus said:

Changed Status to Fixed

This has been fixed for a future patch - thanks for the report!

So wonderful :)

Share this comment